Totally New To Garrys Mod

S

SweetWater

Hey,
So for my Interactive Media class the professor is having us work on Machinima this semester....so I'm totally new to trying to figure out Garry's Mod/HL2.

I have a couple questions I've been trying to search for:
1. is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to save a game. it should be easy, so I feel ridiculous that I can't figure this out.
2. We're working on this project in pairs, and my group partner and I had questions about creating a multiplayer game. how do you let multiple people access the game? would he be able to edit something in the game on his computer, save it, and then could I open it later on from my computer to see the changed he made, so we can work on it separately?

Thanks very much, I'm still kinda playing around with it, trying to figure it all out.

How 2 save

All you need to do is hit escape (to pause) and click on Save game you should be able to take it from there:cheers:

If your not using a router, you need these commands which can be input in the developers console or the ~ key. (The option to enable is in Advanced Keyboard)

Code:
sv_lan 0
sv_region 0
heartbeat

Also, with saving games, it can only be saved during a single player.
I also suggest you grab Advanced Duplicator which is on the garry's mod community downloads site. This will be a better alternative than to save games; because saved games can corrupt easily in Gmod 9.

Thanks for that, I started to figure you can't save a multiplayer game. I'll check out that Advanced Duplicator thing

Nope. Single player only for saves.
Get and use the advanced duplicator if you want to save contraptions between sessions, just search for it on garrysmod.org

Back