Two dozen people kept as slaves in British halting site

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Fifteen men suspected of being kept as "slaves" at a travellers' site in Bedfordshire are still being treated for malnutrition and medical problems.

Nine British and eastern European men also found at Greenacre caravan park near Leighton Buzzard on Sunday have refused to help the police inquiry.

Four men were arrested when the victims, suspected of being kept against their will, were found.

A pregnant woman, who was also arrested, has been released on bail.

The woman will be questioned further following the birth of her child which is imminent. Inquiries to locate two further suspects are under way.

Some of the 24 people found in squalid caravans and sheds were covered in excrement, police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-14878624

Wow

What, exactly, is a 'travellers' site?' Is it like a hostel?

Human slavery is still alive and well, and actually thriving in modern times... but it's not usually men. It's usually related to sex trafficking.

Crazy stuff though.

Like Stabby says, Maestro...gypsies are these 'travellers'. They live in caravans and move around various places in the country with their families. They cut themselves off, don't work or pay taxes or send their children to school. Happy to use the national health service or wire themselves illegally to the national electricity grid though. They are generally a disliked and forgotten part of society which are associated with crime and leeching off of others. If you want to get a general idea of attitudes towards them you can search for the word gypsy on urban dictionary.com

Rarely does a week go by where there isn't a story about 'travellers' stealing overhead cabling from railway lines (to sell the metal as scrap) or them catching swans from lakes and eating them. This week, slaves! Bringing back the good times of the colonies, huzzah! *twizzles moustache*

Good old Britain rising to the top of the leaderboards again.

I swear it gets more embarrassing to be a Brit every day.

I heard this on the radio today. Some crazy stuff!

Fun fact: there are more humans enslaved / in bondage today than ever before in the entire history of humanity!

Fun fact: there are more humans enslaved / in bondage today than ever before in the entire history of humanity!

True enough but there's also more healthy people too...

I'm sure most of those in slavery are just as healthy as your average western world citizen.

There are also more Homosexuals. Proof positive that Homosexual Sinners are slowly infiltrating and subjugating our America into a heathen, sinful land of Homosex and AIDs.

On the upside, closet space is at an all-time high.

lol Gypsies...scourge of the earth.I hope they rot in Prison.

There are also more Homosexuals. Proof positive that Homosexual Sinners are slowly infiltrating and subjugating our America into a heathen, sinful land of Homosex and AIDs.

The power of exponential growth!

Wait, homosexuals can't have kids.

lol Gypsies...scourge of the earth.I hope they rot in Prison.
If you had replaced Gypsies with Jews or N*ggers, you would've been banned. Yet this is perfectly acceptable.

It just seems strange to me that every form of racism is socially unacceptable except for that towards gypsies.

If you had replaced Gypsies with Jews or N*ggers, you would've been banned. Yet this is perfectly acceptable.

It just seems strange to me that every form of racism is socially unacceptable except for that towards gypsies.

Because they tend to be terrible people.
Like this topic exhibits.

Gypsies are a race of people? I never knew.

You must have encountered quite a few first-hand to form such an opinion, yes?

"no but I watch my big fat gypsy wedding"

and I think it's more a case classism than racism. and come on who doesnt participate in a little chav/trailer trash hate?

I don't know about him, but I sure have. That's not to say that there aren't exceptions. I had a few in my own class while in high school, and they were OK. However those are the exceptions, the majority simply do not want to be a part of society. It's not so much a case of poverty, or discrimination, but them simply not giving a shit. I've seen plenty of cases either firsthand or on the news with families that have enough money to buy expensive cars, build large ugly houses that look like mini castles, and yet not pay any of their bills, and not send their plethora of kids to school. In Romania most of them fit the stereotype to a t. They are loud, obnoxious, and steal everything that's possible to steal (including electricity, cable, natural gas, and Internet).

At least that's the way it is in Romania. A few years ago my dad took a business trip to Spain and there he encountered plenty of gypsies that were decent normal people. So maybe it's the bad environment in Romania that brings out the worst in them or something, I don't know.

There's a difference between racism and truth. Saying all gypsies are pricks is racism, as you can't go and meet every gypsy and decide that they're pricks. This kind of thinking leads to genocide, which is not cool. What you can say is that an awful lot of gypsies are pricks, as that statement is true.

These tinkers are of the pikey Irish variety, rather than the romani.

I have met a few families.and they're Kids when I stayed in Europe and they're always looking to start shit

There's a difference between racism and truth. Saying all gypsies are pricks is racism, as you can't go and meet every gypsy and decide that they're pricks. This kind of thinking leads to genocide, which is not cool. What you can say is that an awful lot of gypsies are pricks, as that statement is true.

Genocide already happened to the gypsies in WWII... lightning doesn't strike twice!

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8251036

Back