Two New Videos Confirmed for E3

Axyon

Reaction score
Sierra, Half-Life and Half-Life 2's publisher, gives word on their official site that there will be two new demos to experience at the E3 Expo this year.

At this years E3 Expo, there will be not one – but TWO – Half-Life 2 theatres to get a look at two different demonstrations with ALL-NEW content.
We can only question the context of the word 'demo' here though. From the description, it does sound like they may be interactive demonstrations, but from the lead up to the E3 Expo, it's seemed unlikely that they would be doing this. We shall see in around four days time.

Go here to visit Sierra's official Half-Life site, and here for their news page.

I think they just mean demo as in rolling demo's that'll keep playing through or something

Fenric said:
I think they just mean demo as in rolling demo's that'll keep playing through or something

That's what I would assume as well, but they've pretty much worded it to keep both contexts open.

eeer....okay. lets 'wait' again till its out for download, cuz i doubt it will be released by then...

Abom said:
Sierra, Half-Life and Half-Life 2's publisher, gives word that there will be two new demos to experience on their official site.

Can you experience them at Sierra's official site!!1!!1!1
Hahaha, sorry but I couldn't resist commenting on the wording. :upstare:

PS:
:bonce: <-What the hell is that supposed to be anyway?

Seppo said:

PS:
:bonce: <-What the hell is that supposed to be anyway?
bonce - hairdo

what happened to those new emoticons we were gonna have once?

Seppo said:

Fine, redid it, but it wasn't particularly badly worded in the first place.

i imagine technically we're actually going to get more than 'two new video's' they have only specified 2 theatres with different shows so we can at least expect 2 new video's

Jesus... Abom, are you suggesting that they might be interactive... Demos? [Shim begins to whine.] I just got over speculating about what was on that damned white-board... Now this... [Shim is now wheeping. Good going.]

I hope we can download those over Steam, in Bink (.exe) format! Weee!

Well, if Valve is going to release HL2 "In this summer", it would be strangely if they, at this time, didn't have a interactive/playable demo... The question is just then if they are going to show it...

Abom, they dont show videos at e3 :- )
They are in-game demos played from .dem files.

I hope you understand the difference :D

This years E3 is a lot different.
In order for the judges to evaluate games and give awards, the dev companies must have actual PLAYABLE demo's for them to judge.
Just having videos wont work this time.

Algor said:
This years E3 is a lot different.
In order for the judges to evaluate games and give awards, the dev companies must have actual PLAYABLE demo's for them to judge.
Just having videos wont work this time.

Where'd you hear that? Link please.

Dile said:
Abom, they dont show videos at e3 :- )
They are in-game demos played from .dem files.

I hope you understand the difference :D

They are going to have be recorded in some way, right? (ie. Gamespy at the last E3) And I'm betting that they won't be released as binks straight away, therefore they will be recorded and released primarily as videos.

Abom said:
They are going to have be recorded in some way, right? (ie. Gamespy at the last E3) And I'm betting that they won't be released as binks straight away, therefore they will be recorded and released primarily as videos.

No need for talk, just get over it ;)

I think I remember Gabe said sometime last year that they weren't going to be releasing a playing demo before HL2 is released, so if that's what you're hoping for... well, just don't get your hopes up. He sounded pretty solid on the issue back then. Remember, they didn't release a demo of Half-Life before it came out, either.

Coestar said:
I think I remember Gabe said sometime last year that they weren't going to be releasing a playing demo before HL2 is released, so if that's what you're hoping for... well, just don't get your hopes up. He sounded pretty solid on the issue back then. Remember, they didn't release a demo of Half-Life before it came out, either.

They also seemed solid on the issue of a sept 30th release...

I believe Gabe actually said that they would consider releasing a demo AFTER the release of HL2. Search the 'info from valve' thread, it should be there.

i dont understand, its old news no? we already knew that in E3 will see 2 different movies/demos of HL2 , look here , they've posted it in 5.3.04

To relase Demo after Final Game?
Sorry folks, but i think that is stupid.
Who will take the Demo?They will have Full Version of Half-Life 2.

The people who aren't shure if they will buy the game will love it if they released a demo after the game came out.

I would use the demo to test my PC (see how it runs) and then I would upgrade my PC to get the pest perfamence....

Back