UEFA Euro 2008 Cup

The Monkey

The Freeman
Reaction score
The games start tomorrow, so I thought this was an appropriate time to start this thread for all things related to the championship. What are your thoughts/hopes?

Yeah cheers for this, was hoping we would start a thread. No Ireland to support and no England to lol @ their overinflated coverage on the Beeb and ITV ftl. Go Czech Republic, hot women etc. Group of Death hopefully will be epic.

GO HOLLAND!!, Too bad Van Persie will miss the opener game for Holland :(

tho I think Germany will get this one.

Yeah ill be watching it here in Australia, going for the Netherlands because I like the football they play and their players....

lol at england as well

While I naturally don't really give a shit anymore :)p), I'd be happy to see the Czech Republic or the Netherlands do well. YESH

Poland came in first in its group, it actually has a very decent chance of winning.

Im glad England arent in, we can avoid the embarrasment therefore. I not really supporting anyone, but Ill watch matches as I always do, but I would say Germany or Spain to win it.

I'm going for Sweden as the LOL WTF winner candidates a la Denmark in 1992.

I'll be in the USA when it's on so the chance of decent coverage is low. There's no England anyway so it's hard to get excited.
I'll support the underdog in every match.
That's exactly what I tend to do.

With no England, it won't be the same to watch. But like it's been said before, i'm glad we are out cause we suck.

Go Switzerland!

I'm glad England didn't get through, they needed a reality check.

Yeah cheers for this, was hoping we would start a thread. No Ireland to support and no England to lol @ their overinflated coverage on the Beeb and ITV ftl. Go Czech Republic, hot women etc. Group of Death hopefully will be epic.

Judas.

Or the team will having a falling out over who ate all the corn-flakes at breakfast and sulk for the tournament.

gO ORANGE!

My family is half dutch so I'm with the oranges this year, cmon Holland. Such a laid back awesome country, the above picture really shows how awesome they are.

edit: Watching Sniejder and Robben play in their friendly the other day, they are looking good even without Van Persie.

Believe me Ive seen worse opening matches, compared to some that was actually really good, both teams trying the best to get at each other, drama, atmosphere. Just czech had the worse tactics to start with, when you have a guy who cant move for shit like Koller, than you cant have him up front himself, you need a striker who can all the moving and shooting himself, its only when they put a player like that up there did they score.

Switz had the heart but once Frei went off, then their only means of getting a goal went too, not to mention that they cant cross for shit. The only opportunities they had after Frei went off were just lucky chances.

Peter Cech = best keeper in the world.

oh and poor Frei

I will be rooting for Portugal as usual. They've got a lot of young talent and I think that they can finish this Euro one better than the last one. Did I mention they just rocked the Turks. :)

I've never watched a soccer championship before, I'm going to this year though. I'm for Italy as I'm learning their language and studying there in a year or two.

The Portugal-Turkey game yesterday was really good. The Germany-Poland game today will be epic.

The Portugal-Turkey game yesterday was really good. The Germany-Poland game today will be epic.

Ditto. Didn't see much of the 1st game, can't really comment...but

The teams in Group C have a great pedigree, I hope they won't be too cagey when they square off. Holland, Italy, France & Romania = group of :x & ;(

Germany is playing Poland right now, still 0-0 at 10 minutes into the first round

EDIT: Germany scores 1-0 @ 20 minutes!

Come on Germany. Hump them 4-0. Should've scored already. 15 mins gone.

I don't support Poland even though they're the underdog.

I really like Germany, but Im compelled to go for Poland being the underdog.

Both teams are playing good, but I think Germany will win by 3-1 in the end.

2-0 via Polish born Pudolski, the irony.

The irony of the number of players they gave backgrounds too whom aren't German.

Great game though!

Back