UK release postage

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
UK release is 24th Friday, so if I pre-order it when is it posted? If they post it on the Friday, that means I might get it Monday!! ARGH. :eek:

I trust play.com

Do play.com have an overnight or first class postage option when you place an order?

I'm with amazon.co.uk for Oblivion, they have estimated the dispatch date as today, although through the tracker, it still hasn't been dispatched. I have opted for first class delivery which has a 1-2 day period of arrival.

It all depends on what the company has as standard for their postage, or what you can choose to pay extra for. (Overnight will cost the most, there's also next day and first class. Free delivery is usually five days).

Mutley said:
UK release is 24th Friday, so if I pre-order it when is it posted? If they post it on the Friday, that means I might get it Monday!! ARGH. :eek:

I trust play.com
So you didn't decide to pre-order at GAME?

I've gone with amazon.co.uk, i probably wont get the game tomorrow, i expected it to be dispatched by now :(

I havn't ordered it yet!!

Wheres best place to get it Saturday morning? :D

I pre-ordered from play.com, it was posted last night, didn't get it today, I guess tommorow.

Still processing.

I'm hoping the free postage offer from Play doesn't mean they send out second class.

Mine's still not dispatched. Eh, I'll get it Friday, Monday at the latest.

Meh, play.com is out of collectors edition and Amazon doesn't have a price yet.

£44 from Game posted for release date sounds good though:

2. If I Pre-Order an item when will I receive it?

We will ship your Pre-Ordered item to you on the day prior to release (subject to availability), via your chosen method of shipping. This will mean that you will normally receive it the next day - which is the release date! Please note that release dates are subject to change.

My order was dispatched today (wed). Special delivery so it should come tomorrow.

Yay, my order has just been posted by play !! So i should have it this week, possibly even by tomorrow (although unlikely i think). But yay anyways

:E

Mine was dispatched from play.com yesterday. Might be there when I get home, but most likely will turn up tomorrow.

Aww, no fair

xD

I shouldn't complain, i should at least have it by the release date

3ssence said:
Aww, no fair

xD

I shouldn't complain, i should at least have it by the release date

Hehe :D

I only ordered mine on Saturday.

I've got a feeling there just arnt any CE editions around... when it comes to friday and mine still isnt posted i'll cancel the order and get it down a shop.

Everywhere i've read the CE edition hasnt been packed/posted or gone off preorder status...

oldagerocker said:
I've got a feeling there just arnt any CE editions around... when it comes to friday and mine still isnt posted i'll cancel the order and get it down a shop.

Everywhere i've read the CE edition hasnt been packed/posted or gone off preorder status...
But I thought it wasn't out until the 24th. Nowhere will send it until then.

If the game doesn't come on Friday I will be seriously pissed. If it doesn't I won't get to play it for ages because I shan't be playing week-nights.

Ordered mine from Game. :D

1 business day, so here on Friday. YEY.

D:

Still not dispatched. Ach well, I guess it'll be here on Friday. Won't get to play until Monday now. :dozey:

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release.

YEY! Oblivion tomorrow. :D

Mine was posted by play.com yesterday, hopefully it should be with me by friday

:)

Happy days, amazon have dispatched it! In for tomorrow, ready for.... Monday.

amazon have dispatched mine, delievered tomorrow i should think :)

But i wont be able to play 'til monday either, which was why i wanted it today, bah :p

GG Amazon, it never arrived this morning. Looks to be Saturday, or worst case Monday.

Bah. Although I wouldn't have been able to play it this weekend, it would have been nice to receive it on time.

I miss that. We get our post at 11-12ish now for some weird reason. We used to get it at 8am but then we got a letter saying that Royal Mail won't be having two delieveries a day anymore and we'll only get one delievery. The thing is, we never got more than one delievery anyway. So now the post comes at 11-12ish.

I don't know why I'm typing this.

You're looking to fill the void that Oblivion should occupy! :p

Anyone actually get it in the post this morning?

Mine came through the post yesterday ;)

Gameplay ftw.

Mine wouldnt fit through the letterbox and everyone was out so now I have to pick it up monday, not that i could play it til then anyway. baah. :p

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Gameplay.com said they dispatched it first-class on wednesday, but still no joy.
Its days like this that remind me why I always use real shops.

Bloody royal-stupid bloody rip off -mail.

*mutter......mutter*

got mine today, 50euros for the standard version, just finished the tutorial, bit buggy for me mostly crackling sounds and some sounds are bit poor i felt like the clash of swords and stuff. Need to tweak my settings more as my fps sus alot

also no hdr with a x800xt? it says its not supported ,wtf?

The x800 XT supports SM 2.0b Oblivion only allows HDR on cards that use SM 3.0.

ShadowBlade said:
The x800 XT supports SM 2.0b Oblivion only allows HDR on cards that use SM 3.0.
ah ok thx for clearing that up :)

oldagerocker said:
Mine wouldnt fit through the letterbox and everyone was out so now I have to pick it up monday, not that i could play it til then anyway. baah. :p

Same here, except I can pick it up tomorrow morning and play it then :D

Mine was dispatched 1st class from amazon on thursday but no joy, i might go to the sorting office soon and see if it's there.

B*stard royal mail

UK postage sucks. That is all.

/mumblegrumblemoanetc.

Back