Unable to write 700mb iso to DVD-RW

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
I have an iso of the Linux OS Ubuntu, and an iso of an unimportant other widely used operating system, let's call that one 'doors XP'.
Using this fancypants Nero shit, it wont let me burn either saying I need a CD-RW not a DVD-RW (which is all I have, because CDs seems redundant these days)
Now maybe my memory served me wrong, but I am pretty sure I was able to burn a copy of ubuntu and 'doors xp' on DVD-RWs in the past?
Is there a workaround or am I a derp who's going to have to admit defeat?

edit: Just for clarification, my intentions with XP (of which I have owned many legit copies) are to simply use some music recording hardware which causes 'Doors 7' to BSOD and so I am very pissed off with microsoft windows.. uh doors....

I shelled out so much for a proper copy of windows 7 for my gaming system, it boils my blood now I realise I can't record music... I also want to install ubuntu, because Skyrim hasn't arrived yet and I like playing with linux when there's nothing else to do (is there any other reason?)

For clarification, you're trying to burn two isos on one disk? You'll have to combine them if you want to do that.

If not, I'd guess some combination of the DVD brand, your DVD player, and Nero are pissy with each other. Some software/drives are very particular about the spec of DVD you're using.

No I want them seperately. I have many DVD-RWs. In my ideal version of IRL Fallout, they'd use DVD-RW's as ****ing currency!
I was wondering if there's some less pissy program I can use to trick my PC into burning these 700mb ISOs to DVD-RWs (which I thought was a normal occurance)
God.. I might as well buy a Mac.

Edit: Also I've tried burning Ubuntu on someone else's PC (but that was also with Nero)

I use Nero for burning just about everything... except ISO's. I use PowerISO for that and never had a problem.

IMGburn, the CD burning program that is free but not shitty. Windows 7's built in tool is decent as well.

You shouldn't want to use a DVD in 2011, though. modern computers allow you to boot from USB. wintoflash can be used to put XP on a flash drive.

IMGburn is what I use as well. But really, DVD RW? Why would anybody want rewritable disks these days? Thats what flash drives are for.

Back