Uniforms

B.Calhoun

Reaction score
Is it just me or do the new player models seem to be too... dirt free?

They need to be dirty and rugged, not freshly pressed. I hope they eventually change it up and give them a dirtier look. Although its not gunna stop me from playing it, sometimes its the small things that count :)

PS- DOD:S WILL ****ING ROCK

yes a dirty looked and slightly ripped clothing should be done. It makes it that much more interesting and realistic

they look too smooth, not worn out or wrinkled like in the orignal dod :x

they're missing the famous german pant crease :(

I can understand why a gritty, realistic look would be popular... but I also like the hazy, romanticized look shown in the publicity shots of the models. They have an old film look to them. If the whole game has that feel it should work pretty well. I think both art styles are valid ways of approaching a WWII game. On the other hand, I don't think mixing the two styles would work well... so, the more important thing is just to pick one and maintain a solid theme throughout the game.

I like the new style. Its simpler, easier to tell people apart, cleaner..

B.Calhoun said:
Is it just me or do the new player models seem to be too... dirt free?

They need to be dirty and rugged, not freshly pressed. I hope they eventually change it up and give them a dirtier look. Although its not gunna stop me from playing it, sometimes its the small things that count :)
It's a few hours in photoshop to fix it up. Don't fuss about it i reckon.

Mr-Fusion said:
It's a few hours in photoshop to fix it up. Don't fuss about it i reckon.
question is... will they fix it up?

And Bliink, your teammates already have a big green/red symbol over their head for telling them apart. In a WWII game i wouldnt expect to see "clean" player models, it takes away from imersion IMO.

B.Calhoun said:
question is... will they fix it up?

And Bliink, your teammates already have a big green/red symbol over their head for telling them apart. In a WWII game i wouldnt expect to see "clean" player models, it takes away from imersion IMO.

Green/Red symbols over peoples' heads take away from immersion IMO. That's why I turn them off and try to play without them (only when ff is off though...)

I think the new models DO make it easier to tell people apart (from the vids & screens anyway). But, I also agree they are way too clean. I'm sure the dod team is aware of that and maybe they're even working on some grittier textures :)

I always have them off, they annoy the pants off me, I used to have the minimap off as well, but everyone moans when you TK them, so I have that on now.
But yes, I think the skins do need a bit of dirty-ing up.

i dont no now, the uniforms are growing on me, we'll see when we play

Back