Uniting gamers once and for all!!!!

halflifeguy

Reaction score
I know that all of us gamers were horribly shaken by the fact that that jerk, jack thompson, is attack our hobby which so many people love......
We need to unite..........we need to have a voice.
Im thinking of starting a website and getting some publicity for it
We should contact developers and some important people high up in the gaming industry, cus they are gamers to, and if they unite with us little guys who still like to game.........we may have a chance

so any ideas?

Whats the point? the day they ban gaming is the day they ban films..it'll never happen.

Alig said:
Whats the point? the day they ban gaming is the day they ban films..it'll never happen.

wrong ...the film industry has tons of money invested in lobbyists that make sure that sort of thing doesnt happen. They're also protected by free-speech ...in at least one state (illinois) games are NOT protected by freespeech because the courts decided that games are NOT creative endeavours but rather simulations

too many of us are taking this lying down ...I bet every presidential hopeful will have this as one of their platforms come next election

I'm also helping with this. The forum is set up--nawh we need members :).

please people........
i know as much as you that u dont wanna see the gaming community get attacked like this.....
with help we can overcome those corprate bastards like Jack Thompson

Problem: Its mainly only the hardcore gamers that know about all this trouble. Its also the hardcore gamers that tend to be the laziest or lack the necessary social skills to form any kind of real resistance.

If you want to make a difference the first thing you are going to need to do is spread the word to the more casual gamers, get them on your side and the number of supporters will grow by itself.

I support what your fighting for, lets rise up and unite against those tyrranous (i.e Republican) bastards!

well casual gamers really dont float onto these forums so idk how im gonna spread the message......
ill e-mail Gabe Newell and tell him what im doing..........and get some suggestions from him along the way

We'd really appreciate your help. We don't want your money :-P. We want your support :D.

stinger.aim92 said:
Who's Jack Thompson?
Who is he? A link to an article or whatever on what he did would be helpful...

EDIT: He seems to be a total a**hole, but he raises a lot of valid points. Pros: No more whiny 12 year olds on CSS. :D Cons: No more CSS :(

2nd EDIT: This open-letter screams he's a radical. That's what I deducted from its unprofessionalism...

3rd EDIT: He seems mentally insane if you read his Wikipedia entry...

I may be a superficial bastard, but put a basic skin on your forum and I'll see what I can do. ;)

A website as opposed to a forum, which is more worth it?

wtf. starting the website isn't a bad idea but by putting PRO-BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF JACK THOMPSON in your sig all you're doing is HELPING him prove his point. You need to provide a peaceful counterexample, not support his statements by being inflammatory.

i see what you mean........
but at the time i changed my sig, i was really mad at that jerk

I'm infuriated at him. Blind with rage. But I'm not talking about how I want to kill him :-/

CptStern said:
wrong ...the film industry has tons of money invested in lobbyists that make sure that sort of thing doesnt happen. They're also protected by free-speech ...in at least one state (illinois) games are NOT protected by freespeech because the courts decided that games are NOT creative endeavours but rather simulations

Bingo.
The game industry is the easiest target to take down compared to the film industry and the gun industry.

I don't see any point in uniting... we're on the winning side. No matter how much a small group of activists say, sex and violence have always come out on top in the past. There were activists against X/mature/etc. rated movies and heavy metal music in the past that today we'd let our kids watch or listen to. Over time we will, as a society, become more and more desensitized to this stuff.

damn it...........
it seems like someone beet me 2 the website.........
looks like i lost round one but im getting the most publicity i can........
EA,Valve,ID,Activision are all on my e-mailing list to help out in this matter

Evo said:
I support what your fighting for, lets rise up and unite against those tyrranous (i.e Republican) bastards!

When did Hillary Clinton change teams and become a Republican? She's at the forefront of all the trouble in the US and she's as far from Republican as one could get. It's not left vs. right, it's old vs. young, it's gamers vs. non-gamers. I've been saying for years that the retailers and the game industry needed to be more serious about enforcing the ratings system. If they can't do it themselves then big brother will step in and do it for them.

all this wouldnt have happened if the rating system was enforced better

Styloid said:
I don't see any point in uniting... we're on the winning side. No matter how much a small group of activists say, sex and violence have always come out on top in the past. There were activists against X/mature/etc. rated movies and heavy metal music in the past that today we'd let our kids watch or listen to. Over time we will, as a society, become more and more desensitized to this stuff.
It'll happen, infact, it is happening. Video gaming is not an art (According to 1 state....), its free for people like Jack Thompson to attack it. While the video gaming can have almost no defense since it isn't an "Art" (A display of sound, picture, smell etc. to create something).

yes but ...mark my words before the next election video games will be considered "simulations" in a court of law (it's already the case in illinois) ..therefore they're not covered by freedom of speech

ya I repeat myself a lot

Then LET every game in every state keep taking it the courts that they are freedom of speech.
Else War of the Worlds is a simulation. It's a simulation of what could happen when we get pwned and how Tom Cruise could take some of those things down..

exaclty what i mean..........vidoe games are like interactive movies.......they should fall under the same jurisdiction as movies do

CoreCt So Why Arent There Any Pro Gamer Lawers Fighting Back Against The Radical Losers.i Mean Just Read Jack Tomshons Leters Prue Madness

does he have a grudge against all games or just violent and revealing ones?
how come he hasnt attacked SOF2?

halflifeguy said:
a lot of people are considering it an art.........
A lot of people that the goverment doesn't care about.

Fishlore said:
When did Hillary Clinton change teams and become a Republican? She's at the forefront of all the trouble in the US and she's as far from Republican as one could get. It's not left vs. right, it's old vs. young, it's gamers vs. non-gamers. I've been saying for years that the retailers and the game industry needed to be more serious about enforcing the ratings system. If they can't do it themselves then big brother will step in and do it for them.

I wasn't talking 'bout Hilary, i was talking about those stuck up asstwats that are too over caring for their own good, or just looking for media attention.

Yeah, if the ratings system was fine tuned a bit that would be great, though i have no probs with it as it is.

p.s joined you little forum thing

We got's two members. One of which, is a moderator. We need more members for support :)

Ye must get a site up, and not a forum! Forums are full of newbs. Mostly. Almost. Always, really...

Back