Universal Union - HL2 Machinima

Flap-Jack

Reaction score
Hey all

I realize I already posted this on the forum...but it was in the wrong section, so I'm re-posting here :)

Universal Union is a machinima series that uses the Source engine and takes place in the time-span between Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2. It covers the Seven Hour War, the Combine's rise to power, and a few original story arcs. The series focuses mainly around original characters created for the series. I did not want to use characters such as Barney, Kleiner, etc. due to a number of reasons...mainly that I can't have the original actors do voice overs!

Characters
Jake:
Jake is the main character of the series. Prior to and during the Seven Hour War he was a sergeant in the military.

Amy:
Amy is a civilian that Jake helped save and is also Jake's girlfriend.

Lopez: (Filled)
Lopez is Jake's best friend and was his second in command in their unit.

Our Vortigaunt Friend:
One of the first Vortigaunts to make contact with humans, he now travels with Jake, Amy, and Lopez.

John:
John was the President's advisor before being brainwashed and transformed into a Combine Elite soldier. He now serves as Dr. Breen's right-hand man and does most of his dirty work.

Dr. Breen
Dr. Breen from Half-Life 2 has a small role and appears every now and then.

Episode List
101 ? ?Unforeseen Consequences?
102 - ?6:00 A.M.?
103 - ?7:00 A.M.?
104 - ?8:00 A.M.?
105 - ?9:00 A.M.?
106 - ?10:00 A.M.?
107 - ?11:00 A.M.?
108 - ?Our Darkest Hour?
109 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part I?
110 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part II?
111 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part III?
112 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part IV?
113 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part V?
114 - ?The Twelve Tribes, Part VI?
115 - ?Citadel?
116 - ?Outskirts?
117 - ?Overwatch?
118 - ?Transitions?
119 - ?Prophecy?
120 - ?Rebellion?
121 - ?And So it Begins...?

General Information
I've went ahead and moved some things into the ?fan fiction? realm. The Twelve Tribes and Prophecy episodes are really the only ones that deviate from the Half-Life storyline. However, they still stay within the realms of the Half-Life storyline and they do fit in well.

The Twelve Tribes is a completely original story arc based around the Vortigaunts and their history. Prophecy is a tie-in to the movie Seven Hour War, which I made earlier in the year. You can find Seven Hour War on my personal site, listed below.

At the bottom of the post you'll see that I've attached a link to a download of the script for the first episode. It's the ?pilot? to the series. I'm still in the process of writing, but I have more than half of the scripts completed. I can send synopsis for all twenty-one episodes, or I can post them here if people want. I left them out of this post simply to save some space.

Requirements
I don't have many, if any requirements. Just get with me on AIM, YIM, MSN, or send me an email. You can send auditions in pretty much any format. MP3 is preferred, but not required. Also, there really is no set deadline since I'm still in the pre-production phase. Just let me know who you're auditioning for or who you'd like to audition for and we can get you setup with some lines :)

Help Needed
This series will be of epic proportions. I hope to release once a week with episodes ranging from 10-15 minutes apiece. I'll need help in the following areas:

Voice Acting
Faceposing
Custom animation (mainly characters)
Texturing/skinning
Modeling
Mapping

If you would like to help with the project, please reply to the post with some information about yourself and your contact information. I don't really have a lot of, if any requirements to help on the series. The only thing I would require is a mature and positive attitude and no slacking. I'm not a slave driver and I certainly understand if you don't have time, especially since I'm often quite busy myself. You may contact me via email, instant messenger or private message. Contact info will be listed below.

About Me
My name is Tommy. I'm a film maker and musician. I was nominated for a Mackie in this year's machinima awards in the category of Best Student Work for my machinima film Seven Hour War. Seven Hour War is mentioned in the series. You can find my personal site at www.tommykraft.com
My contact details are:

Email ? [email protected]
MSN ? [email protected]
AIM ? piealpha6792351
YIM ? piealpha6792351

Episode 1 Script
If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

What do you do in the project except for managing the production?

-dodo

I Write all the scripts, edit all the video, write the musical scores, direct the episodes, post production effects, and sound. I'm even doing some of the easier mapping that I'm able to do (which isn't a lot) whilst I wait on more experienced people to join up. I'm also capable of doing animating, modeling, etc. But, I have no idea how to get that content into the game. So, in short, I am doing A LOT on this project. It's just more along the technical aspects of the modding where I need help.

just watched 'seven hour war'. the only thing i think needs work is the voiceover. other than that, well done

Thanks a bunch. I did it in a hurry because I created it mainly for a contest. Unfortunately this meant I didn't have a lot of time to be picky about voice actors.

I Write all the scripts, edit all the video, write the musical scores, direct the episodes, post production effects, and sound. I'm even doing some of the easier mapping that I'm able to do (which isn't a lot) whilst I wait on more experienced people to join up. I'm also capable of doing animating, modeling, etc. But, I have no idea how to get that content into the game. So, in short, I am doing A LOT on this project. It's just more along the technical aspects of the modding where I need help.
Ah!! : D
Sorry for sounding slightly sceptical at first, but we get alot of people that just barge in here,
and demand entire development teams to fling them selves at their feet...
...Because, apperantly, they've got the best game concept ever.
But this looks rock solid, as you know what your doing.
Good luck,

-dodo

Lol, it's not a problem. In fact, I know exactly what you mean. It's a legitimate question. :)

i might help out. Id do enviromental modeling though...if you even need that...and not to mention, ill probably end up giving like 2 hours a week....lol...lazy

i might help out. Id do enviromental modeling though...if you even need that...and not to mention, ill probably end up giving like 2 hours a week....lol...lazy

Worst. Application. Ever.

Just say no to NathanBay. He doesn't seem very competint..

The reason i wasnt enthusiatic about this is because i thought he meant 15 minute episode mod levels that are released every week. Another reason is because i have school hours+work and i cant do much. But seeing this is a film, and i am going to become a filmaker, id love to help out as a prop modeler. I really just need to learn how to texture things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXU4y38v4U

this link shows my first animation film that i made a year ago and just recently posted up. I also did it on an animation program that doesnt support rigging, so it made it difficult to really put in anything amazing. :(

It looks very simple. If you can show me some more advanced and detailed work, I'll let you know about joining up.

Gew98Finish.jpg

Riflecolors.jpg

GermanSoldier.jpg

ww44.jpg

BackView98.jpg

Hey man, I'm going to have to say no. For the time being your skill level does not seem to be what I'm needing. Thanks for trying, though. :)

The reason i wasnt enthusiatic about this is because i thought he meant 15 minute episode mod levels that are released every week. Another reason is because i have school hours+work and i cant do much. But seeing this is a film, and i am going to become a filmaker, id love to help out as a prop modeler. I really just need to learn how to texture things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXU4y38v4U

this link shows my first animation film that i made a year ago and just recently posted up. I also did it on an animation program that doesnt support rigging, so it made it difficult to really put in anything amazing. :(

Wow man, considering the restrictions you had the overall film was still really cool :)

great job

What do you do on Firearms Shin?

You want to work in the industry?

Do you have a portfolio somewhere?

I've got 2 weeks off from work in which I plan to finally make a portfolio site, So hopefully it will be up by mid jan.

I also have 2 years professional 3d non-game experience if that makes a difference at all. I'll pm you my contact info.

im not feeling this. I realise its a "Teaser Trailer", but it looked like something for left4dead.

Back