[Unofficial] Half Life 2 running on the Oranage Box Engine + Achievements

I've been trying out this mod. There are two major bugs: Infinite flashlight (not so bad) and facial expressions are largely broken (rather bad). The lip movements and some of the simpler motions still work but the complex facial animations are gone. I think this is because it uses EP1 & EP2 versions of the models which have redesigned facial muscles but is trying to run the HL2 facial expressions on them, which doesn't work. You can see it in the first video with Alyx.

The lighting seems better? Does it take away from the atmosphere?

There isn' t really that much difference between source and orange source engine so no Ill be sticking to my ol pal source. But thanks for pointing it out.
This game simply does not age (also thx to updates).

It's definitely starting to show its age.

Yeah, but I'd take a less-fancy graphics scheme to broken animations. But if someone managed to string all of the BM: Source, HL2, and the episodes into one grand game for marathons that would be awesometastic to the max.

Well, ya see, unfortunately, it does. IMHO.

I' m not a graphic chaser, I admit.. Even fancy pants Crysis won' t catch me with its photorealistic graphics, because, somehow, I wasn' t wetting my pants while catching and throwing my 10000th Korean. Medieval gameplay. Sort of.

valve MUST release this- Before I kill again!

PS- the orange box engine is the same as the EP2 engine right?

Back