US Marine speaks out on the Iraq War

Yeah, I've used "Catch-22" quite a lot. Most people didn't know what that meant. I giggled like a school girl and walked away.

I usually dont care if someone doesnt understand an obscure word or reference ...I dont appreciate being rediculed for using a word that may be out of the norm, he brought it on himself

"The phrase "catch-22" has entered the English language to signify a no-win situation, particularly one created by a law, regulation or circumstance."

Ah. K.

I usually dont care if someone doesnt understand an obscure word or reference ...I dont appreciate being rediculed for using a word that may be out of the norm, he brought it on himself

Perhaps so. Lesson well learned.

Yeah, Heller wrote a sequel that too k play a few years down the line. It's (obviously) not held in as high esteem as Catch 22, for whatever reason.

Why don't the soldiers turn their guns on the goons giving them orders and stop letting themselves be mindless tools of americas evil foriegn policies?

Personally, I find it difficult to support someone who prefers to go overseas and invade another country than get kicked out of the army. I refer you to mohammed Ali's example of honourably loosing his heavyweight title because he decided not to fight in vietnam.

As for the soliders who think they are doing the right thing, I believe that when you have the power of taking other peopls lives, you can't afford to be as ignorant as that.

>>FrEnZy<< said:
Why don't the soldiers turn their guns on the goons giving them orders and stop letting themselves be mindless tools of americas evil foriegn policies?

Personally, I find it difficult to support someone who prefers to go overseas and invade another country than get kicked out of the army. I refer you to mohammed Ali's example of honourably loosing his heavyweight title because he decided not to fight in vietnam.

As for the soliders who think they are doing the right thing, I believe that when you have the power of taking other peopls lives, you can't afford to be as ignorant as that.

So you support killing someone because they gave someone orders yet your againt us being present in iraq and rebuilding?

Your logic is backwards, then you go to call them ignorant? Ironic...

>>FrEnZy<< said:

Simply put, not everyone is blessed with Ali's strength of spirit. There is no reason we should support them any less in times of hardship.

>>FrEnZy<< said:

halflife2.net political discourse at its very finest.

/offtopic
its funny some ppl see the USA as "evil empire muhahahah evil americans bwhwhahah"
It actually reminds me of Bush in his "fighting the evil axis". When will ppl learn the world is not black&white.. (this not only counts for Bush, it also counts for those mindless US haters that see the USA as Nazi Empire 2 )...
/offtopic

>>FrEnZy<< said:

Well said
In fact, bloody perfect.

Uh, that would'nt make sense. Very little, if a tiny portion of those officers give stupid orders. Personally, I don't think we should commit a Stalin and annihilate our officer corps.

Though I'm sure insurgent sympathsizer's would enjoy that. :D

Well, I agree with this statement.

It actually reminds me of Bush in his "fighting the evil axis". When will ppl learn the world is not black&white..

It'll take them awhile. They're too busy getting excited over argueing with each other to slow down and notice that.

Back