Valve is boring and I don't care about them anymore

mooki

Tank
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you feel the same ever since Valve adapted this stupid idea that games are a service.

It all started with making Episodes for Half-Life 2.

What happens if you release a bunch of sequels for a game once a year? They move an inch forward in terms of technology, story, and everything else.
Look at the difference between Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode 2. People were losing their shit over Half-Life 2. It was a HUGE step forward from Half-Life 1. Episode 2 was just the story moving forward. Nowhere NEAR the excitement for gamers as HL2.

And now for the new model valve has for their games.
1. They have to be multiplayer
2. They have to be cheap or F2P
3. They have to use sub-par graphics so EVERYONE can run them
4. They have to have cosmetic items that you can purchase

Valve has moved from making things like Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and exciting GAMES, to stupid shit. SteamOS? Steam Box? No one who is a PC gaming enthusiast buys pre-built computers unless you're ignorant. CS:GO DLC (Operations)? Uninteresting.

All they do is just update their games now. That's it. CS:GO is fun, TF2 is fun, DotA2 is fun, but Valve does nothing exciting or daring anymore. They're just a comfortable business making money. That's the reality of it all.

I mean, compare the reveal of Source to Source 2.
This
to
This https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/

It's ****ing pathetic. Valve is being replaced by Bethesda IMO in terms of making interesting, fun games.

I'll be sure to take what you two alcoholics say lightly since you never really say anything at all.

Also, I don't blindly follow a game developer just because they were good in the past. I realize id stopped being good back around 2004. I realize the same thing about Valve.

Sorry to hurt your feelings about your precious game company.

It's AMAZING how gamers have no patience whatsoever. Despite facts that we KNOW they're making two new games, people keep complaining. Source 2 may have been presented poorly, but that's the only negative thing you can say about it. It's a vast improvement, and while I'm waiting for something to actually show how it compares to other game engines, I'm excited about the technical improvements despite the fact that I don't really love DOTA 2. Also, if we look back, Portal 2 wasn't an MP-only game, and that was 2011. They released two games in the two years after that. DOTA 2 makes a ton of money, which allows them to work on the engine for all of their games, allowing them to deliver us Half-Life 3. And besides, this could just be an initial preview. Now, unless you're begging for attention, I really don't see why you need to post a topic like this. Just be patient. Whatever happens, "I hope it is worth the wait." Would you rather it was released in 2010, when it wasn't ready? Bethesda is praised for waiting until it was near the release date, and yet "Huehue Huelief3 confermed" is one of the biggest jokes around. Whether they update CS:GO to the main engine first, or announce new games soon, I believe something great is coming, and you can't rush greatness.

I'll be sure to take what you two alcoholics say lightly since you never really say anything at all.

Also, I don't blindly follow a game developer just because they were good in the past. I realize id stopped being good back around 2004. I realize the same thing about Valve.

Sorry to hurt your feelings about your precious game company.

Thanks for the apology bro, also I don't drink (I'm a recovering drug addict), but by all means feel free to assume you know us. I'm just as bored with Valve as you are but your negativity and lack of depth in your OP (really, digging at them for wanting their games to run on mid/low level machines?) just kind of made this a shitpost.

*slams a shot of ice water*

Last edited:
Valve has turned into a shit company, no suprise here.

The paid mods thing really opened peoples eyes on Valves true intentions.

The paid mods thing didn't stick because they did something private companies have no obligation to do and completely rolled back the decision.

Sure, it was ****ing stupid in the first place--but between that and the new return policy I'm not ready to dismiss them just because they design games I no longer play. I think there's still some good intention on their end.

Calling Valve a "shit company" isn't rather useful, man.

What's to say they wont try it again?

Just because they gave us a basic consumer right, refunds, doesn't negate the fact that Valve is still largely anti-consumer. Early Access, the worst customer service in the biz and that wonderful DRM, I'd love to sell my steam account, but since its against their shit EULA.. there's nothing I can do.

CD Projekt's GoG platform, well there's an pro-consumer company.

The Witcher franchise owes more to Valve's Steam service than it's own GoG delivery platform. That being said, I completely agree with you that they have a lot of turning around to do: So does Valve.

The Witcher franchise owes more to Valve's Steam service than it's own GoG delivery platform. That being said, I completely agree with you that they have a lot of turning around to do: So does Valve.

Truth be told of the 1.2 million copies sold on PC , TW3 on GOG has sold 693,000 copies on that platform vs other platforms 613,000. However, the other games sold more on Steam. What this means is that CDPR's fanbase is growing rather strong quickly.

I wonder if that means TW3 had people buying PC retail boxed copies. That would be cool actually. Steam needs some ****ing competition.

Is the Galaxy/GoG software install mandatory when one buys a boxed PC copy of TW3 on PC?

I know alot of people bought the Collectors Editions with all of the goodies, but as far as I know it comes with a GOG code. You either have the option of downloading it through the store page or downloading it through the Galaxy client.

Also, I don't blindly follow a game developer just because they were good in the past.
Implying Valve doesn't do a fantastic job with Dota, CS:GO and all the various technologies they're developing and trying to support. A company doesn't "suck" or become "boring" just because they don't make what you like as regularly any more.

It's AMAZING how gamers have no patience whatsoever. Despite facts that we KNOW they're making two new games, people keep complaining. Source 2 may have been presented poorly, but that's the only negative thing you can say about it. It's a vast improvement, and while I'm waiting for something to actually show how it compares to other game engines, I'm excited about the technical improvements despite the fact that I don't really love DOTA 2. Also, if we look back, Portal 2 wasn't an MP-only game, and that was 2011. They released two games in the two years after that. DOTA 2 makes a ton of money, which allows them to work on the engine for all of their games, allowing them to deliver us Half-Life 3. And besides, this could just be an initial preview. Now, unless you're begging for attention, I really don't see why you need to post a topic like this. Just be patient. Whatever happens, "I hope it is worth the wait." Would you rather it was released in 2010, when it wasn't ready? Bethesda is praised for waiting until it was near the release date, and yet "Huehue Huelief3 confermed" is one of the biggest jokes around. Whether they update CS:GO to the main engine first, or announce new games soon, I believe something great is coming, and you can't rush greatness.

Valve doesn't communicate with us so we don't know if they're working on it or not.
And I've waited 8 years for a single word about the next half-life. I'm not waiting any longer. "Patience" for 8 years is too long for me

Implying Valve doesn't do a fantastic job with Dota, CS:GO and all the various technologies they're developing and trying to support. A company doesn't "suck" or become "boring" just because they don't make what you like as regularly any more.
That's exactly why they're boring to me, I'm just saying they don't make anything interesting to what I want.

Valve has been drifting further away from AAA gaming, at this point they only care about indie stuff and e-sport games.

Its a similar situation with some Nipponese publishers like Konami and Sega.

I'm not waiting any longer. "Patience" for 8 years is too long for me
Then I guess we'll see you when you inevitably charge back in here to speculate about Half-Life 3 the nanosecond it's announced.

• Funny
Reactions: MFL
I'm not waiting any longer.
I mean, just by existing and not having the game yet, you are indeed waiting whether you like it or not. How do you actively wait for something? Do you watch a clock or something? Count the days? Just do whatever you normally do, I don't see the distinction between waiting and not waiting. It's not like waiting for a bus and then deciding to walk instead. Nothing changes.

To be honest, if HL3 came out I'd probably not pre-order it. Over the years I've become jaded and took this little oath to stop pre-ordering games.

However, this is all hypothetical because I don't see HL3 ever coming out.

Of course you took an oath never to preorder, lol

Great OP "hey guys! Check out how blasé and uninterested I am!"

I don't believe you. Quite the statement you're making there though. Fight the good fight.

Actually, I'm not the only person that have are anti-preorder culture. TotalBiscuit, Boogie and a few others have been trying to warn customers to stop pre-ordering.

Pre-ordering is the cancer of AAA industry, which is why it is in the state it is in. Look at Ubisoft, EA and the lackluster consoles (sans Wii U).

Actually, I'm not the only person that have are anti-preorder culture.

Ahahaha, adorable. We never for one second thought you'd be making a *novel* principled stand.

Preordering is bad when ****ing morons who buy into the hype of shit games do it. I've only ever preordered a handful of actual good games and not regretted a single one. I'm sure that is true for several other forum members here.

Ahahaha, adorable. We never for one second thought you'd be making a *novel* principled stand.

Preordering is bad when ****ing morons who buy into the hype of shit games do it. I've only ever preordered a handful of actual good games and not regretted a single one. I'm sure that is true for several other forum members here.

Charming sarcasm aside, you're basically agreeing with what I said. Gotcha.

... So you're saying you're a moron who buys the hype of shit games?

Yeah you showed me and my sarcasm

... So you're saying you're a moron who buys the hype of shit games?

Yeah you showed me and my sarcasm

Now where did I say I buy into the hype of games? You seem to lack reading comprehension, now who's the moron?

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but when I stop caring about something, the first thing I do is go and tell everyone about how little I care about it.
Really? And here I was thinking your first reaction was to disappear entirely and to only ever pop your head back in for a curious look once a year?

Wait...

Back