Valve Leaked Half Life 3 And Left 4 Dead 3 On Purpose(Theory)

Reaction score
I've got to thinking lately. maybe Valve are actually teasing us about Half Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 with the recent leaks and rumors. Just think about it. In June, JIRA bug tracking software was left accessible to the public. It showed both Half Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are being made at Valve. But, I think, with a company as secure as Valve after the beta leak, I don't they would let something like this happen on accident. And Valve employees were not afraid about the leaks. I think I would be afraid of all of our company's projects leaking on the internet(but, you know, it's Valve). Next, the Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 leaks from in side their own offices. During the DOTA 2 Internationals, one player took a picture of a dev bug tracker and it mentioned Left 4 Dead 3 and source 2 on it. Again, with Valve being so secure, I don't think they would let some just take a picture of a dev system. And why would a Valve employee just leave that out for everyone to see. I think that there was someone who was watching what they were doing to make sure nothing like that gets leaked. Finally, the trademark filing and the second JIRA leak. Just look at the time the two Neogaf post were made, they were made within hours of each other, that never happens with Half Life 3 rumors. Maybe Valve made trademark and left the bug tracker accessible to make a bigger tease and deleted the trademark to throw us off. Hopefully Valve are hard at work at both Left 4 Dead 3 and Half Life 3, but with the recent leaks and rumors, expect an official announcement from Valve soon.

The Tradermark filling was proved to be fake. Other than that, I kind of agree, but I don´t think they do it cause they are releasing HL3 or L4D3 soon... I think it´s

I've always had that "valve is leaking stuff on purpose" thing on my mind, but never really told anyone about it because i thought it seemed a bit stupid, but weirdly possible at the same time.

The best evidence I see to support this theory is the fact that their JIRA database leaked twice, and the second time made it very clear that the HL3 team had increased dramatically in size.... almost as if the leaks were meant to show us that.

Still, though, I'm sufficiently jaded about HL3 at this point that, while I still want it, I won't believe a damn thing until we have 100% concrete confirmation from Valve themselves.

P.S. New IP from Valve would also be great.

That's the thing now a days...either full proof evidence that it's coming out or anything else is just throwing clay at the wall and seeing if it sticks...

We are THAT demoralized with HL series...

Back