Valve playing HL2 on steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's a real server.. and it's up. Not a fake, nor running on the leaked version of HL2... Why would Cliffe be playing on the leaked version when he has the full?

figge: Same here :) but I get 49-50. But it jumped to 283 just now for a few seconds. Not the most stable server it seems.

Edit: I can't seem to join the server though :D It loads up HL1 & then stops at 3 yellow loading bars. The console says my IP is connected & connection is accepted... Guess weäre locked out :(

Connecting to 195.140.143.72:27095...Connected to 195.140.143.72:27095

I ping 138.

Why is their time locked? I guess because it's a HL2 server...

Sai, you wanted something like this?

Attachments

• HL2TestServerOmg.JPG
    HL2TestServerOmg.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 391
I'm getting a ping of 27 oO

Dont think that some guys from valve got the server up somewhere in europe ;)

Wow, excelent first post Dem0nEgg.

Welcome to the forums!

uhhhhhhhh....that's EXACTLY what i wanted to see, for some reason the server's not showing up on my favorites, THANK YOU.....19 ping, man i never get that good connection

oh btw, demon egg, that's quite possibly the greatest first post ever on these entire forums, welcome man :cheers:

yea really, what do you mean clarky?

Me = Lurker :p

Thanks Insane and Sai :)

It appears the server has to be somewhere in Europe, which may mean we have been duped.

WHy is it assumed that it is a single player map? Have you ever noticed games have multiplayer maps named the same as the singleplayer map, but just a smaller version.

guburgh,, .. is it supposed to be on the servers list?. sorry im trying to search for it Sai,...

Pinging 195.140.143.72 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.140.143.72: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=46
Reply from 195.140.143.72: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=46
Reply from 195.140.143.72: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=46
Reply from 195.140.143.72: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 195.140.143.72:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 40ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 45ms

While it is a mapname from the Leak, Valve didn't scrap all the work they did, this must be a finished or updated version of it..

Maybe we're getting static info (except the ping). Their stats haven't changed at all yet AFAIK & we can't see their time. And manybe they are playing with "fake" names. Or they are horrible spellers ;)

Edit: And there are still only 3 players there on a 80-ppl server? What's up with that? ;)

Wow this is the first interesting thread in quite a while keep digging up info

ReDGuNNeR said:
While it is a mapname from the Leak, Valve didn't scrap all the work they did, this must be a finished or updated version of it..

I agree with that, it must be,,multiplayer wise that map didnt work in the leak for starters.

man, i still can't get it up, probably put the a decimal in the wrong place....man i always screw stuff up like that :(

What are they doing o_O

I wonder if they're just running around in the map, messing around, or testing how long the game will hold without crashing or whatever o_O

i thought his name was Cliffe, this is quite wierd o_O

clarky003 said:
:(,., I cant find it , LoL, where abouts is the game.. which list.?

When I try to add the server, it just load for a second and nothig happensx

Isn't it quite late in the development to start doing server testings? Especially if they are doing the things DeltaBlast mentioned?!

Under HLSW, the server name is #Valve test server, and the game is WON Half-Life LOL

Hmmmm, if it is people playing the -thing which must not be mentioned-, using Valve names (although not spelt correctly), then ermmm i'm sure someone out there could ... well see if they can join it... you know, from that thing which must not be mentioned

If they can't then it cannot be the same build or whatever...

The leak did not include Steam, and I doubt Steam recognizes the incomplete version of HL:2

this is so ****ing wierd....THEY'RE USING WON!?!?!?!??!

why the hell would they play test won if it's gonna get shut down in a month or so :rolling:

Tips: turn off your filters. It didn't show up for me 'cause I had my filters on showing only CZ servers... D'oh :)

i get ping 187 from the server, and they still have 6 4 and 2 kills!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back