Valve playing HL2 on steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it would take 30 mins for somone to fake a liblist file, and mock together an empty box map, as a Half-Life mod, then idle some fake names in a server, :p

yea for this thread to stretch nine pages kinda shows how desperate we all are

Lobster said:
Of course it would take 30 mins for somone to fake a liblist file, and mock together an empty box map, as a Half-Life mod, then idle some fake names in a server, :p

Then how would they be able to have 80 max players?

040719 03:55:46] <[DotO]figge> I just got an idea
[040719 03:56:06] <[DotO]figge> Create "Half-life2" map in hl dir. create a small map... fool everyone!
[040719 03:56:07] <[DotO]figge> w00t
[040719 03:56:08] <[DotO]figge> :D

I m to tired to write it again... :p

I wish there were some way we could see how far into the "timeleft" they were. So we know when they will change map (if they will) :)

Weird, entering this ip into WON hl... says the server is "drop zone" running "dust" (yes, not de_dust, just dust) and has 9/16 players. After clicking view game info in WON hl... it just say the same thing we get from steam.... weird...

Sai said:
this is so ****ing wierd....THEY'RE USING WON!?!?!?!??!

why the hell would they play test won if it's gonna get shut down in a month or so :rolling:

Think about it for second...its a fake.

EC said:
\

its possible with the spectate servers, go onto a mod and click spectate and look at the maxplayers

They have had 6 4 and 2 since this was found it seems. Everything about this seems a bit fishy really. European server, names spelt wrong/unconventially, static scores, no showing times... and playing on a singleplayer map, one which I read on steam powered forums wouldn't exactly make the best of multiplayer maps.

I really hope it is real though because I don't like the idea of HL2 shipping with CS:S as its only multiplayer... I don't mind though :) Just wanted to see something original in that area I suppose

EC said:

Hmm, true, it would take a dll i guess, force the mod to accept 80 players, i know its been pushed before, but i doubt anyone would have the time, didnt somone say cliffs and erics friends listings showed them in this server?

isn't anyone thinking of who in the world would go through all this trouble to totally humiliate hl2 fans everywhere b/c they're discussing it like hell?

We have had huge threads about meaningless pen marks on a whiteboard, i doubt theres much this forum wouldnt discuss :O

Dem0nEgg said:
They have had 6 4 and 2 since this was found it seems. Everything about this seems a bit fishy really. European server, names spelt wrong/unconventially, static scores, no showing times... and playing on a singleplayer map, one which I read on steam powered forums wouldn't exactly make the best of multiplayer maps.

I really hope it is real though because I don't like the idea of HL2 shipping with CS:S as its only multiplayer... I don't mind though :) Just wanted to see something original in that area I suppose
I'd love that map in COOP/MP. Lika Carmageddon ;) *hopes that's allowed to say, beta-wise*

Unless this is a fake (which I hope it isn't, obviously), then it's great news! It'd pretty much confirm that we'll have HL2MP *and* CSS when we get the game.

seems like alot of effort to fake it. , and why...? lol,

So its keeping there scores then :)?

(to be honest I dont know why people doubt HL2 wont have its own multiplayer in the first place, Noobs :p)

clarky003 said:
could be both.. whats to stop you using the base design for a single player map, for multiplayer use.... Co-Op anyone?

I think Valve are working on Co-Op singleplayer anyway, fake or not, cause they know it would rule :D

Nope... but we are.

clarky003 said:
(to be honest I dont know why people doubt HL2 wont have its own multiplayer in the first place, Noobs :p)
Because some people aren't very bright.

ShadowFox said:
Because some people aren't very bright.

you mean they lack intuition,, ;), dont want to flame ,, :D lol

(lookin forward to that mod then $niper ;) )

Here is a transcript of what was said on the server... This was taken off of steam:

Cliff. : Yeah so you want to run through this level one more time before...
*Cliff. was killed by Eric with MP7*
*Dead* Cliff. : OMFG NOW IM GOING TO ROXXORZ J00 BOXXORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was all I was able to get. :)

Some_God said:
Here is a transcript of what was said on the server... This was taken off of steam:

Cliff. : Yeah so you want to run through this level one more time before...
*Cliff. was killed by Eric with MP7*
*Dead* Cliff. : OMFG NOW IM GOING TO ROXXORZ J00 BOXXORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was all I was able to get. :)

Good one :hmph:

Well we will know the truth once we get an email back from cliffe or erik. woo hoo if this is true!!!

tokin said:
Well we will know the truth once we get an email back from cliffe or erik. woo hoo if this is true!!!

Heh, I emailed Erik too.

But then I realized it could actualy be the guy named Eric at Valve.

has anyone with the leak *GASP I SAID THE FORBIDDEN WORD* tried joining it? lol

I clicked join game, and its downloading hl2. after i gave it the ATI hl2 key

This has to be true. How can someone run a leaked version of HL2 through steam with a 80 player limit and be playing that map. It's real. It has to be true and we will just wait for news from cliffe or erik. They also said in the update history they were testing it like many others have mentioned.

Kohman77 said:
has anyone with the leak *GASP I SAID THE FORBIDDEN WORD* tried joining it? lol

I tryed joining. ( i dont have the leak). It takes you to HL and starts to load, but it dosn't get far and just stays at like 2 bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back