Valve will be an exhibiting at GDC 2010

There is now nothing else on the horizon but the inevitable episode. We have reached critical junction people, keep your eyes open and your anus spread. I for one, am extremely willing to welcome our new Combine Overlords, in whatever form they may take. I just hope my fleshy Gordon brain tastes good to them. They deserve a snack after having waited in anticipation like this.

I suddenly remember the days of the the ARGs. Where's my third test, Valve?

don't hold your breath, companies rarely make game announcements in GDC

I hope they do give us something on Episode Three.

But they most likely won't release Episode Three until they've released Left4Dead 6

^the worst part is, i could totally see that happening, but if this isnt ep3 im prolly going to kill somebody.

If it isn't EP3, id be basically like this:

fuuuuuuu.png

I've really lost hope regarding Episode 3. This isn't getting funny Valve, I am not getting any younger.

It's this:
"We will be at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco from March 9th to the 13th to meet with folks interested in working at Valve. In addition to doing individual interviews with qualified candidates, we will be hosting 30 minute seminars each day specifically designed to educate current students, recent grads and those new to the games industry on how our studio works, how we hire and what it takes to be a part of the Valve team. If you are planning on being at GDC and think Valve is the place for you, please e-mail Kathy Gehrig directly with your portfolio/reel/resume. Even if you don't see a specific job listing on this page that matches your background, please still contact us — we’re always hiring people who help us make better products."
http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs.html

Then again, they could also be doing other stuff there at the same time. In any event, who around here lives in San Fransisco? If you do, I fully expect you to infiltrate each and every single event with a camera and way to instantly upload all photo's onto this site. Area's of primary interest are whiteboards and blackmail material on Valve senior staff.

They are only going there to interview potential new workers. It says so on the Valve jobs page.

Lets just pretend as it aint gonna happen.Maybe something will change...

I want my chickens back, damn it

Let's just pretend it has been released allready an we're playing it, so Valve could do their job.
I have allready reserved myself to wait untill December 2010. Who knows, maybe Valve want to spread out Episde Three on the same date as the original Half-Life was released...hmm.

Perhaps Valve are going to announce that Episode 3 will be released in episodes.

Half Life 2: Episode 3: Episode 1.

That way we get little bits of game more frequently!

I was at the last GDC in Austin and hope to get to the on in SF next month. I really wouldn't expect to hear much in the way of game news, though they are remarkably open to questions and feedback (in comparison to the companies who won't even talk to you without an appointment, like Epic) for those who manage to attend.

Back