Valve's E3 2012 plans confirmed

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Valve has officially confirmed to us that they will be attending E3 2012.

slide-jpg.23514

Earlier this year Gabe Newell did respond to some fan mail about E3, and he said that they "are not announcing anything at E3... We are going to be showing stuff everyone already knows about (CS:Go, Dota 2, 10' UI, ...)."

But in today's email, Doug Lombardi said that Valve will have some Counter-Strike: Global Offensive stuff at Sony and Microsoft's bustling booths. And a small group from the Steam team will be at E3 on business terms only, so they won't be holding any dedicated appointments with the press.

e3-2012_email-jpg.23515

There was no mention of the "Meet the Pyro" short or the 10-foot Steam user interface, but those are believed to be released later this year. Perhaps we'll see that stuff at PAX Prime?

Speaking of PAX, if you're a Left 4 Dead fan and if you're attending, Valve wants to know about it. Perhaps they'll be bringing some L4D action to PAX as well. You can let them know via their Facebook orTwitter.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 45,841
  • e3-2012_email.jpg
    e3-2012_email.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 18,782
Sigh, another E3, another lack of HL3 info. Can't say I wasn't expecting it but it still sucks.

And to think that I thought Half-Life 3 was going to be announced at E3. Oh Danny, when will you learn?

Wait what. This is surprising, they are showing less stuff than what they originally intended.

How come has the email address been covered up?

If I remember right they had a private presentation at E3 2012, what happened with that ?

Don't forget about http://store.steampowered.com/app/207080]indie game the movie[/url], I think it has something to do with the ten inch UI/Big Screen mode. Movies on Steam ? Sounds great.

There was never a private presentation at E3 2012. People noticed that Valve had a room and drew incorrect conclusions.

There was never a private presentation at E3 2012. People noticed that Valve had a room and drew incorrect conclusions.

False! The room valve will be using at E3 this year is called: PMR501B. PMR stands for Private Meeting Room.

A few years ago Doug said that Valve only goes to E3 to announce new titles, especially titles that are coming to retail. Way to back track, Valve.

A few years ago Doug said that Valve only goes to E3 to announce new titles, especially titles that are coming to retail. Way to back track, Valve.

Given Doug's track record, I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt

Yeah, remember the 2003 release date?

Given Doug's track record, I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt

Then I ask, why does Doug Lombardi still have a job with Valve? He's the one that's always whispering in Gabe's ear when he's just about to talk about Half-Life!

Then I ask, why does Doug Lombardi still have a job with Valve?
Taken from Valve's People page said:
As Valve’s Vice President of Marketing, Doug helps manage and coordinate third-party relations, marketing, and press activities.
The stuff in bold takes up most of his time, press activity is a tertiary job

Also, looks like his twitter account has been hacked
https://twitter.com/#!/douglombardi

We really do give him shit for things he doesn't really control.

What am I saying!? VILIFY THE PHLEGM-MAW'D LIE SPEWER, AND POKE HIM TILL HE BLEEDS!

Back