Vanguard MMO Beta Comming to FP

Looks pretty freaking sweet. If I had over 6 gig free...I'd jump it's bones.

Trust me, its not Oblivion the MMO..far from it.

I was in the earlier beta but lost interest with it, ran like crap (probably because its a beta) but got boring quite quickly unfortunately.

6 Gig.. it was about 22 Gig when I downloaded it at an earlier stage.

I'm already involved in one beta, I must not stray!

Supreme Commander FOREVER!

Yeah some guys in my clan are completely addicted to it. Apparently it takes absolute ages to explore the entire game world, and it's pretty realistic in terms of building stuff (takes a few weeks to build a simple cottage and you need to have 10 people work on it).

Yeah some guys in my clan are completely addicted to it. Apparently it takes absolute ages to explore the entire game world, and it's pretty realistic in terms of building stuff (takes a few weeks to build a simple cottage and you need to have 10 people work on it).

That doesn't seem so fun! I don't want to wait a week in between objectives lol

You actually get to build player housing?
FINALY!
Seems no other game has done this since Ulitma Online.

Whoa that sounds so sweet :D

I hope I get into the beta so I can test some of that out.

Ok, Shadowbane did play housing too.. and I was so incredibly hyped over that game too... then I played it and it was terrible.

Tired of orcs, elves and monsters. PotBS ftw.

You actually get to build player housing?
FINALY!
Seems no other game has done this since Ulitma Online.

age of conan features guild built cities not just housing ..you can seige other cities

Vanguard's beta testers have overwhelmingly said the game is boring

Tired of orcs, elves and monsters. PotBS ftw.

I hate to keep shilling Age of Conan but it's completely orc/dwarf/elf free ..no cutesy elves, dwarves or gnomes

age of conan features guild built cities not just housing ..you can seige other cities

That's coming out next year right and will also have Vista/DX10 and Xbox360 versions (along with "normal" DX9 version)?

I'd rather put my faith in that game if everyone says this one is boring... I guess we'll see once it goes into beta.

That's coming out next year right and will also have Vista/DX10 and Xbox360 versions (along with "normal" DX9 version)?

I'd rather put my faith in that game if everyone says this one is boring... I guess we'll see once it goes into beta.

It's just different. You see, Vanguard is made by the original EQ team, and they're planning on making it "hardcore", to appeal to the pre-wow crowd.

ya xbox360 after pc launch. dx9 at launch and dx10 added as patch later but will still be playable in dx9

Stern are you registered as Sternn of Clan Snowhawk on the AoC forums?

Registered for this beta. Looking forward to playing an MMO again.

It's just different. You see, Vanguard is made by the original EQ team, and they're planning on making it "hardcore", to appeal to the pre-wow crowd.

Interesting... I'll still check it out then to see if it's worth it.

I signed up, but I'm pretty sure this game will be terrible. They've advertised it, for example, as a "WoW-Killer," which just isn't going to happen, especially with something made by the EQ devs. Besides, it just sounds boring.

Very curious about this game, so I'll be checking it out.

Also, that was a nice, timely derail Stern :) :thumbs:

Edit - Where have they advertised it as a WoW-killer? I've seen many quotes from Brad (McQuaid, lead dev) stating that's exactly what they're not trying to do with it. They're aiming for a much more targeted group of players than WoW, trying to fill the more hardcore niche that was left from Everquest 1.

looks like turd on a stick to be honest...and somehow it got on Dell's(lol) top future games for graphics...jesus!:rolleyes:(they also had battlefield 2149 more :rolleyes: )

Just got my key in the mail. Trying it out tonight. I'll post impressions later.

anyone who has a key and doesnt want to use it, Stern would be happy to take off your hands :)

Back