video codecs

urban

Reaction score
okay guys i just tried encoding a small little 22 second fraps capture i made earlier.

using videomach for the editor atm untill i can get my hands on something else...

30fps on a normal avi compressed half sized to about 300xwhatever with well i tried a couple of the intels and god help me the microsoft and they were all gumf...any ideas ? filesize came out to about 17mb which really wont do :p and i would prefer it if i didnt need to encode to wmv cause want to be able to watch it in video lan player or quicktime.

Try divx or xvid or quicktime codecs. I don't remember if you can record in a non compressed format with fraps but if you can I suggest you to do that and then compress it with a proper video editing software, like Adobe Premiere... or... Oh yea! I remember to have used TmpEnc to encode SVCDs, you might give it a try.

divx owns.

fraps is never compressed, you have to compress it with software

I like Xvid, because I know how to configure it with GREAT results, with Quantizer mode.

With Quantizer compression mode, smaller numbers mean higher quality. Simple as that. I usually use 2, 3, or 4... around that range. They come out SMALL (filesize), and great-looking.

Use Stoik Video Converter (free) to convert the videos (fraps or other) quickly and easily.

Note about Stoik: to get the advanced compression options, it's the very last item in the list of compressors. Very hard to find sometimes.

Back