Vista gaming

Why would a gamer switch from Windows to Linux EVER? Microsoft gives product support, Linux doesn't.

Have you used any Linux Distributions lately?
I was on Ubuntu then Linux Mint and then Mandriva 2008 and they have all been AWESOME.
After the simplest OS installation Ive ever done, all my hardware was already set up and all the programs I needed were already there.

Im just saying that I believe Linux is becoming stronger than ever and will continue.

I quite like Vista over XP. There are lots of little refinements - nothing to write home about individually, but added up they make for a much better experience. Performance is fine, even with my aging hardware.
Exactly

Sorry for bumping this thread but I'm now a Vista believer! :O :bounce: It does run as fast as XP and it does work now! One or more of the 38 updates I installed must have done something to the OS. So now I have officially switched from XP to Vista as I type this. :cheers: *No problems with any games now, nor Steam.
Glad its all sorted out.

this what I dont understand.... some people say VISTA will run games just like XP and some say it wont. Looking at some benchmarks which use top spec machines, VISTA seem to lag behined XP in games

that's what i noticed too
i say stick with XP unless you absolutely HAVE TO play Crysis at max settings with DX10 effects :p
assuming your rig can handle that
personally, i don't think it's worth the headaches that come with so many driver issues and incompatibilities

i don't think it's worth the headaches that come with so many driver issues and incompatibilities

Why do people keep saying this? There are Vista drivers for just about everything now, and all the major performance issues have hotfixes...

that's what i noticed too
i say stick with XP unless you absolutely HAVE TO play Crysis at max settings with DX10 effects :p
assuming your rig can handle that
personally, i don't think it's worth the headaches that come with so many driver issues and incompatibilities
I say try before you judge.

Back