Vortigaunts healing powers (Spoilers)

C

Cagaroth

Yes, eli got .. hurt, and Alyx got hurt, both on episode two. Why can't the vortigaunts revive Eli too?

Getting stabbed in the chest = Very bad, very painful, but not necessarily fatal.
Getting stabbed in the head= Quite a bit worse, but you won't feel any pain. Ever again.

In other words; Eli didn't get hurt. He died.

Even the Vorts don't have the power to fix a spinal cord.

But what about his Vortessence? Surely they could pull his vortessence back from the Vortal realm or something...why are you all staring at me like that?

I'm joking. Really.

They could call steven hawki- oh, I forgot...

If you can uncover the the mysteries of the universe, why can't you uncover your back!

Just kidding, love that man...

I think you'll find it took a whole damn level crawling through antlions and grubs to get the larvae required to "heal" Alyx from her only almost fatal state.

I do not wish to undergo the same ritual again.

Plus, I'll be in the arctic.

No shit, but even of they did resurrect him I don't think Eli would want to live like that. You know, with his face demolished and his back removed....

Just let him die, there is nothing we can do about is, it's not like G-man is going to patch everything up with his awesome time bending abilityies (YES HE CAN TRAVEL TIME!!)

eli is dead, he shouldnt of died but he did...lets just leave it at that

If the Vortigaunts had the ability to revive the dead (rather than the ability to merely heal the wouded), then the Resistance would've won the war by now.

Just let him die, there is nothing we can do about is, it's not like G-man is going to patch everything up with his awesome time bending abilityies (YES HE CAN TRAVEL TIME!!)

The G-man would prove to be very helpful in helping Eli resurrect again, only problem is that it was the G-man himself who had to "pluck" a little bit of payment for Gordon's survival.

Other than that, the reason I think the Vorts couldnt heal Eli and could heal Alyx was that Eli died almost instantly and Alyx was still "clinging on a metal ledge over a huge cliff" fight for her life.

Only thing I regret was him not telling me all that he knew about the G-man before leaving.

Only thing I regret was him not telling me all that he knew about the G-man before leaving.

And for not telling us more about the man with the first letter "G" before he died, Eli was therefore killed.

Heh, Vortigaunts had the ability to revive fallen comrades in the HL1 Beta, but that got cut out. I think the Sven-Coop team implemented this feature in their mod.

Eli's gonna be resurrected, then we're gonna kill him in Left 4 Dead. And that is how the storylines link.

If valve pulls a dragonball on us and brings eli back magicly i'm going to be very very mad. And even if they did, the danger wasn't so much in eli dieing, but now the advisor knows everything about the resistance.

the adviser did not gain all of Eli's thoughts and knowledge!!!!!!!! I can't believe people actually believe that

think about it, it's perfict though. A race for time between the Combine and Gordon to get to the Borealis. The second they killed Eli (After they talked about all the things he knew and how important his knowlage was) I knew that would somehow be how they learned of the Borealis.

Could you imagine HL3 without the Combine?

Could you imagine HL3 without the Combine?

Partly.

The whole combine empire is vast, we have only seen a portion of it.

Transhuman soldiers (Combined Humanoids)
Synths (Striders, Shield Scanners etc)
Human Technology merged with Combine Technology (Helicopters, Scanners possibly)

The Seven hour war, probably used a good percentage of its primary intergalactic army to conquer earth, added with the fact the earth was suffering from the portal storms (Xenians roaming the earth killing people etc), the combine merely picked off the military powers.

anyway the answer to your question, there is alot more to the combine, the true combine.. what the vortigaunts refer to as the "Shu'ulathoi" might be either the name of the actual original combine, or just personalised names for the advisors, which I personally doubt.

All this in mind, the empire is alot bigger than the resistance and us can imagine. maybe the 'Shu'ulathoi' have their own 'Psychic' army.
Maybe so
Maybe not.

What's so impossible about a clearly telepathic race being able to extract knowledge from someone's mind?

...there is alot more to the combine, the true combine.. what the vortigaunts refer to as the "Shu'ulathoi" might be either the name of the actual original combine, or just personalised names for the advisors, which I personally doubt.

All this in mind, the empire is alot bigger than the resistance and us can imagine. maybe the 'Shu'ulathoi' have their own 'Psychic' army...

that would ****in suck

Wonder how "Psychic" they and their army are with a RPG in their face....

(yes I know they could redirect it or defuse it or some wierd crap like that, but HL3 is not going to be Gordon arriving at the Borealis, seeing Psychic solders there, and saying "Well shit... Guess we should turn back huh?")

Didn't eli get his brain suctioned out by a flying potatoe with and very awkward looking tounge?

No, he gets his brain suctioned out by a flying Turnip with and very awkward looking tounge...

"But I don't like Ham" said Sam, I am;
"I'd rather have a tin of spam!"

Maybe not all since Dog scared them off, but a good portion, but all is still very feisable. Dr.Kliener already expressed that the advisors can gather knowledge from humans, so why not?
Just because he had important information about them that doesn't necessarily mean it was something the Advisors wanted. It could have been critical information the Resistance needed, so the Advisors killed him to prevent leaking this information. Or just killed him out of desperation. Maybe I missed something, but meh.

because they destroyed his brain
I saw no evidence of Eli's brain being destroyed. I saw an appendage being stuck into the back of his head/top of his spine.

I saw no evidence of Eli's brain being destroyed. I saw an appendage being stuck into the back of his head/top of his spine.

indeed.

Plus I have to stick by the there's just not a HL3 without the combine argument.

In addition, if no one manipulated them and they gained no information, it seems an obviously unneccicary risk...

Well, the Combine wouldn't strictly need Eli's brain to know about the Borealis. It looks very much like they already found Mossman, so they probably found the information she had, or at least some of it.

Well, the Combine wouldn't strictly need Eli's brain to know about the Borealis. It looks very much like they already found Mossman, so they probably found the information she had, or at least some of it.

Iruka: Aah, Touche.

Back