Vote for YOUR Game of the Year 2011

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mainLogo.png
[br]
UK games retailer, GAME, in association with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), have opened up a public vote for everyone to choose their favourite game of 2011.
[br]
2011 brought us some fantastic titles such as Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and of course Portal 2 by Valve.
[br]
For the full list of nominees and to show your support for Valve and Portal 2, click here. Voting will also enter you into a prize draw to win an XBox 360 package.

That's gonna be a tough one to call. I voted for Portal 2 but I don't see that coming close to winning. It'll probably be MW3 thanks to the console players. BF3 should have a better shot at it as I thought it was the better game. Arkham City was awesome too and should be up there... then there is Skyrim... which speaks for itself really.

Voted for Arkham City, a though decision between it and Portal 2.

Skyrim is going to win anyway. I don't really understand what makes people think it's the best game of 2011. What is so damn good about it?

Here is to hoping that Battlefield 3 continues to win nothing!

all mainstream crap
no witcher 2

Skyrim is going to win anyway. I don't really understand what makes people think it's the best game of 2011. What is so damn good about it?

You would know if you had actually played it.

I'm sorry valve, i know portal 2 was really GREAT, but Battlefield 3 is just a bit better IMO...

my casual GOTY is Plants Vs Zombies GOTY, and I'm really hoping for a sequel.

Civ V is my GOTY but it came out in 2010, but I didn't get it till 2011

So I'd say Gears of War 3 and Resistance 3 were my favorites. didn't play their online but their campaigns were very fun

Portal 2 was amazing and fun

Skyrim...I only played 18 hrs of the game and wish I had more time to play it

Even though it was disappointingly easy, I loved everything else about it, so I'm going with Portal 2.

Skyrim is not Game of the Year material. It's mediocre at best. The same goes for Arkham City.

Man, I could easily give 5 of those games the honour of GotY (Minecraft, Skyrim, Arkham City, Portal 2, Battlefield 3) as I loved all of them. Right now I have to give it to Skyrim, I don't know of any other game that I played that much within the first week aside from Civ 5.

Dark Souls and Driver SF were the only 2011 games I played. That list kinda blows.

Probably Men of War: Assault Squad.

But nope, nothing but mainstream BS on that list. I suppose Portal 2 would be the best of that list, or possibly Zelda but I haven't played it. Does minecraft even count as a 2011 game? By that logic I could count Arma 2 since it's ever-expanding with user created content, and also it had some DLC.

Its a BAFTA public-vote sponsored by a retail outlet, of course its only going to be popular mainstream titles. Even if they listed every game of 2011, most of them aren't going to stand a chance, so voting for a niche title would matter to no one but yourself.. kinda like a protest vote.

Awards and 'Top' lists are always subjective, and differ depending on the source. The BAFTAs are well known in the UK (I guess internationally as well), so the audience is going to be broad and consequently mainstream. Many other gaming websites and magazines could run the same vote, and get different results depending on what the majority of their audience is interested in.

I voted for Portal 2 but I reckon it'll be either MW3 or Skyrim, as they seem to top in a lot of the game charts I've seen recently.

Back