W-wait... where is Aperture again? (spoilers?)

Xevrex

Still believes in Santa
Reaction score
So, I started wondering where Aperture Science Research facility was located in the Half-Life universe. The only possible location that the ending scene of Portal reminded me of was White Forest, though this is just pure conjecture and really has no basis. Still, I do not believe this question was ever answered in the game; because Black Mesa and Aperture Science were rivals, one could speculate the United States, but it really is debatable. The wooded area outside of the surface part of the research complex is very ambiguous.

So, I'm looking for opinion (preferrably with some sort of evidence to back it up): Where do you believe Aperture Science is located?

Ah-ha-ha-ha.
Thanks Darkseid, you're awesome.
/thread

That could just be where the Borealis was built. I doubt Aperture has just the one research facility as a base.

But that's their main facility. It has GLaDOS. It's the best equipped.

Kleiner mentions that Black Mesa and Aperture Science competed with each other for government funding. This definitely means U.S. of A.

I doubt they'd have more than one facility. I have nothing to really back that up; I'm basing that assumption on the fact that the Aperture facility, from what we've seen through the game and read through the website, that facility is HUGE. Possibly BMRF huge. I do not see why you would need more than one big-ass facility housing all your projects.

Back