Water Problems

T

tweekbee

Ok, I have tried to my best ability to fix this issue...with no good results.

My water, which is supposed to be an ocean, is made up of quite a few cubes, maybe six. They are all the same height, and have all the correct water properties(All sides nodraw except top, top has a water texture, has a Cubemap with the top face selected in the Brush faces Parameter.) This is an outdoor map, so I have my skybox...No matter how many times I try I cannot get my water to work when a skybox is present. It works fine in a solid room, but as soon as I move it outdoors, I cannot see the surface.

My problems are as follows....As stated above, it cannot be seen from above. Anything under it(sand, etc, etc) cannot be seen, or is not drawn, it makes splash sounds when you shoot it, and when you jump into it, and it works from underneath.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no VIS at this time, and the console reports no leaks.

Check for a leak with the pointfile anyway. That's the only reason why water will not work.

tweekbee said:
There is no VIS at this time, and the console reports no leaks.

So run VIS :p

My testmap showed that water may or may not fail to show up if you don't run VIS. (I somehow had one water brush that worked and one that didn't. Strange. With the dxlevel set to 70, they both appeared.)

Back