Waterworld

theotherguy

Reaction score
I remember watching this movie as a kid and loving it, but I just watched it on TV, and discovered that it's awful.

It had a great setting and excellent sets, it just had extremely stupid action and poor writing. It's a good example of how money can't get you everything when it comes to movies.

Movie is HORRIBLE, but as a kid, it was badass.....that's all I want to remember.

As for money, I didn't think they really had that much money to work with, did they?

Movie is HORRIBLE, but as a kid, it was badass.....that's all I want to remember.

As for money, I didn't think they really had that much money to work with, did they?

It had 175 million, which according to Wikipedia makes it the eleventh most expensive film.

I liked i, I suppose... Mediocre is the best description, I think.

When I try and remember this movie, all I get is -

Kevin Costner drinks own piss --> Kevin Costner buys dirt --> Kevin Costner gets trapped in cage --> ?? --> The End.

Maybe it's better that way.

It was the most expensive film ever when it was released. Today it is still the 11th most expensive film.

Oh well, another childhood memory ruined.

I put it firmly in my "it's so bad that it's awesome" list. I still watch it whenever I catch it on TV.

Oh, and his boat rocks.
259671.jpg

What are you guys talking about? That movie kicks ass.

^ This ^

I even watched it recently, and I still liked it. I mean sure, by todays standards its retarded, but its got that cornyness that makes it classic.

lol... kids.

Road Warrior was like this for me. Saw it as a kid and thought it was awesome. Now, meh.

I'm not gonna say the movie sucks. It's not the best, but damned if I won't watch it when I can. I mean, come on, the ****ing woman is like "**** ME AND TAKE US WITH YOU!" and he's like "NO I LIKE PENIS"

Well, not really, but that's how I imagine it.

I'm not gonna say the movie sucks. It's not the best, but damned if I won't watch it when I can. I mean, come on, the ****ing woman is like "**** ME AND TAKE US WITH YOU!" and he's like "NO I LIKE DOLPHIN PENIS"

Well, not really, but that's how I imagine it.

Fixed.

When I try and remember this movie, all I get is -

Kevin Costner drinks own piss --> Kevin Costner buys dirt --> Kevin Costner gets trapped in cage --> ?? --> The End.

Maybe it's better that way.

Same here. And I want to keep it that way.

I just watched it, since I expected it to be really bad, I actually enjoyed it.

good ol Waterworld. Its a bit of a mess, but i love it :p

Kinda off topic, but has anyone seen The Postman? I must get round to watching that one.

I saw the Postman years ago. I recall liking it at the time.

good ol Waterworld. Its a bit of a mess, but i love it :p

Kinda off topic, but has anyone seen The Postman? I must get round to watching that one.

I love The Postman. Great movie.

I was psyched on waterworld when I saw it when I was 6. Not so much afterwords.

I remember watching this movie as a kid and loving it, but I just watched it on TV, and discovered that it's awful.

I was psyched on waterworld when I saw it when I was 6. Not so much afterwords.

Wow, I had a similar experience, saw it on TV when I was young, got it on DVD later on and, er, didn't like it as much. Didn't realise it was such a shared experience.

another vote for Road Warrior still being awesome ..Mad Max is still awesome ...Beyond the thunderdome ..not so much

Wez is still one of my fave movie characters

wez.jpg

he's just so freakinly awesome

You only like him cause he has buttock holes cut in his leather trousers :)

You only like him cause he has buttock holes cut in his leather trousers :)

guilty as charged

also the implied homersexuality with effeminate blonde dude who gets boomerang to the forehead would also have been suitablel ..but leather trousers with butt showing = rawr

Wez+with+friend.jpg

Punks will inherit the earth.

Postman was weak! Spoiler

I was expecting a monster battle at the end only to get a silly duel.
^^ ^^

Back