We have a date....

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Shacknews is reporting that they have received confirmation from Valve on the release date for the 'Orange Box' consisting of HL2, HL2 Ep1, HL2 Ep2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal. The release date for this package is reported to be October 9 2007.[br]Source

Sweet, release date! So it's going to be actually released on January 14th, 2008?

new date release

1st-31st of Julember 2007-2008

Release dates are pointless :D

March 8th 2009! Fantastic! Still sticking to those dates Valve!

Gee, this one looks like a real-deal. At least I want to believe so. :p

If this wasn't a Valve release date, I would see this as really cool present to look forward to at my birthday! Now I'm just heading for an even bigger disappointment when the delay becomes official.. ;-)

im pretty sure, they have finished making the game.. they are just spending time adding dx10 support, polishing it up, and porting it for consoles?

I think we can count on this date, and if not I think it'll atleast be in October.

Seems a fair date. The first real date they revealed for Episode 1 was correct. Can't wait!

I hope it is real date. Cuz i didnt play ep1 yet. waiting waiting..

im pretty sure, they have finished making the game.. they are just spending time adding dx10 support, polishing it up, and porting it for consoles?

They only did the 360 port, and that shouldn't be too hard for them since they've already played with the Xbox once. On the other hand EA UK is porting the PS3 ports...

excyuse me not beign up to date on this, but will there be a versiopn where I dont have to re-purchase HL2?

It said in the article that there MAY be a chance you can purchase Episode Two without HL2 and Episode One via Steam.

I think they'll make it on time :)

can't wait... 2007 is one of, if not the best year for gaming.

How the hell? WHY? and how did you wait?

I have not played ep1 yet either, but thats because I didn't have a good computer, but since I got a computer yesterday I think I'll buy ep1 and 2, or maybe I should wait until ep3 comes out.

Well, I hope they learned to keep their mouths shut until it's close to being finished, so lets hope this is true. If it wasn't they'd say "fall 2007"

As for 2007 being the best year....meh. It might towards the end but I won't be happy until I have this, Left4Dead, Portal, Bioshock, Crysis and Spore all sitting on my hardrive.(and spore was delayed until late 2008)

yer well hopefully dey will stick dis time dey dnt bring it out as big news if it is going 2 be held bk but we no valve dey do hold release dates bk alot. But big news still i reacon half life 1 might also come up on xbox live 4 the 360 i dunno if it is but das wat im hopping. i play it on pc but cant wait 4 it 2 come 2 360 and hopefully half life 1 on xbox live nether no wat will happen.

cant f###ing wait but after episode 3 is done itl probz be like in 2 years i tink we will av 2 wait like 6 years for half life 3.

yer well hopefully dey will stick dis time dey dnt bring it out as big news if it is going 2 be held bk but we no valve dey do hold release dates bk alot. But big news still i reacon half life 1 might also come up on xbox live 4 the 360 i dunno if it is but das wat im hopping. i play it on pc but cant wait 4 it 2 come 2 360 and hopefully half life 1 on xbox live nether no wat will happen.

ummmm....

I have not played ep1 yet either, but thats because I didn't have a good computer, but since I got a computer yesterday I think I'll buy ep1 and 2, or maybe I should wait until ep3 comes out.

You'll have died by old age at that point I'm afraid.

cant f###ing wait but after episode 3 is done itl probz be like in 2 years i tink we will av 2 wait like 6 years for half life 3.

There will never be a Half-Life 3. The Episodes will conclude the Half-Life series.

Honestly, at this point, I just want to play Episode 2 and Left 4 Dead. Portal seems like it'll just be a little bit of fun for a while (though I am excited about playing around with level design for it), and I can't tell if I'll get into TF2 or not.

The Episodes won't conclude the series if there's still money to earn.

There will never be a Half-Life 3. The Episodes will conclude the Half-Life series.

That's rubbish Gabe already said that they will continue the saga as far as they think there is story to tell. Also if there is now a date then at least they are nearly finished. :)

I'm guessing they will have learned their lesson from last time and will release on the day stated if indeed that statement is from a reliable source.

I won't be happy until I have this, Left4Dead, Portal, Bioshock, Crysis and Spore all sitting on my hardrive.

Nice list... add TF2 and UT 3 to that and it'd be perfect. :]

Well, seeing as October is a ways away from now I think it can be a believable release date. Gives me ample time to hook up my comp.

Shacknews is reporting that they have received confirmation from Valve on the release date for the 'Orange Box' consisting of HL2, HL2 Ep1, HL2 Ep2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal. The release date for this package is reported to be October 9 2007.[br]Source

FYI folks, story is on front pages of PHL as well.

Let's rock 'n roll!!!

Back