We have a date....

Gabe already said that they will continue the saga as far as they think there is story to tell.
I'm hoping (in my lifetime) for HL3. But I hope it's either going to have a Source engine so radically improved it will comprehensively blow us away or a complete new engine written from the ground up to do the same.

The Source engine is slowly evolving, which is great. But slow incriments in this way never really produce the wow factor of a new engine that represents a significant leap forward in performance & visuals.

if they make a new engine i hope they make it similar to source in terms or reliability at least because source games run extremely smoothly for their visual levels

so when the release this it has been nearly 17 months since ep1 ? , what they playing at ? (so much for 6 months ) ;) :p

There will never be a Half-Life 3. The Episodes will conclude the Half-Life series.
No, they won't.

hopefully you're right there. it wouldn't seem right to me ending this series with one of the episodes. they are a quality addition to hl2, but not that much different to be seen as a half life 3, so why not come up with a new game engine, a complete new setting, and call it a day! its story still has enough to tell to fill a sequel, i am sure.

Back