We NEED BLUE GraVITY GUN!

H

hotsnot

seriously, wouldn't it be more fun if we could toss around our newly fresh carcasses at other ppl? :cheese: (id sound like a loony if it werent for HL2)

Yeah, but you couldn't have the instakill type primary fire that the single player one has. That just wouldn't work.

yeah haha well, use the physics engine, im sure a dead body would do at least some damage to a person if it were traveling at high speeds!

too unbalanced... 1 hit kill is too easy although allowing it to pick up dead bodies would be cool... spinning them around your player model would be awesome!

I like the idea of picking up dead bodys. You could do really cool things with 'em.

But serously the blue gravgun would be too extreme.

I have a sweet idea for a mod .. someone make it cuz I'm still bad at the whole SDK thing :s

Have 1 person spawn with the super phys gun .. and the person that kills him gets it and so on :/ would be pwn

You could actually pick up players with it, be kinda like grip in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

thats like mutant mode in ut2k4

that mode IS pretty sweet

SpoBo said:
I have a sweet idea for a mod .. someone make it cuz I'm still bad at the whole SDK thing :s

Have 1 person spawn with the super phys gun .. and the person that kills him gets it and so on :/ would be pwn
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think this would be quite awesome :thumbs:

SonicTitan said:
Yeah, but you couldn't have the instakill type primary fire that the single player one has. That just wouldn't work.

Of course you could. The original Unreal Tournament had a gametype entirely based on everyone having infinite ammunition, one-shot-kill weapons. It turned out to be quite fun, although entirely dependant on reflexes.

aoanla said:
Of course you could. The original Unreal Tournament had a gametype entirely based on everyone having infinite ammunition, one-shot-kill weapons. It turned out to be quite fun, although entirely dependant on reflexes.
Yeah but the primary fire on the supergravgun doesn't work like the instagib shock rifle in UT or the Rail gun in Q3, it has too wide an area of effect. Any noob could score highly, I don't think reflexes would come into it as much. And if you changed the primary fire to be more like a shock rifle then the alt fire would be redundant.

True. I'd not taken the large cone of the primary fire into account.
Perhaps a version with only the alt fire enabled would be more effective? Everyone surely wants to be able to throw their enemies around?

Hell yeah, throwing folk about would be the badgers nadgers and the bees knees.

No.

Unless.. there was only one of them, which respawned once every X Minutes, and disintegrated after the "owner" was killed.

How about a powerup that lasts for 30 sec?
For those 30 sec your gravity gun turn the the blue gravity gun...
That way you can get all pluses of having such a cool weapon in the game without the minuses of it being too powerfull...

You're not getting something which allows you to move bodies, this would require ragdolls to be server side, lag-o-mania.

Just have it so the blue gun can pull people weapons out of thier hands and pick up dead bodys, and larger objects (cars, etc).

Make the respawn very slow, and put it a hard to get place.

Balanced. Fun. Some one mod it.

Tnid said:
How about a powerup that lasts for 30 sec?
For those 30 sec your gravity gun turn the the blue gravity gun...
That way you can get all pluses of having such a cool weapon in the game without the minuses of it being too powerfull...
Best idea for it.

Otherwise it's way too powerful to be a commonly used weapon. Anyone who possesses it would instantly become invincible.

Guess it would be too hard if u were alive, watching the world upside down. Could be quite hard to implement too.

cool would be, if you could catch bullets with teh gravity gun :E

like - the matrix realoaded, when neo stops those bullets - only you have the Ggun here :bounce:

st00pid idea anyway :|

guys your missing the coolest aspect of the gravity gun. Sure, killing is great but what you need a mod for is two teams building structes with cars, dumpsters, and crates to get somewhere. Not to mention sabotaging (and killing) the enemy.

I think that leaving the super gravity gun out of HL2DM is the best idea. Sure, it'd be fun... but think of all the abuse that would come out of it. I think a Mutant-like idea would be cool, but I don't know how someone would go about creating a whole nother gametype. Would take a lot of work...

I found the best use for the blue gravity gun in HL2DM as I've put one in one of my custom maps. It lures the greedy into a trap. (Psst, don't tell anyone else) :E

Maybe a game mode where somewhere in the map the blue gravity gun is hidden, and you have to find it, if someelse finds it everyone has to team up on him

Nerf it?

Why cant you just nerf it so it wont make any dmg by picking upp people but you can still throw away them? Then they would have a fair chance to kill you before getting thrown away and even then have a chance to survive if you dont throw you out of the map or out of a pit. The primary fire could do about 30dmg and flung them backwards. And btw, you can already instantely kill people with the normal gravity gun if you throw a radiator or something else heavy. Still it would be awesome if a player comes with the x-bow and you only have your pistol and the organic gravity gun to just pick him upp and toss him to the other side of the map. I do admit some maps woth a lot of pit would be ruined by it but i still think it would be worth it.

Back