weapon system speculation..

W

worldspawn

in hl2.. you have the ability to drop weapons.. unlike in hl.. this is shown in the dried lake bed video when gordon drops his shotgun and picks up a rocket launcher.. this brings up a question on how are they going to set up weapons.. will it be like half-life.. where you can hold every weapon in the game? will it be like cs where you can only have one of each weapon type at a time.. or will it be like gta3 where some weapons need to share a spot in your inventory and you have to drop certain weapons to get others.. ?

i'm not really sure how it's going to be set up.. but i don't know why you'd have the ability to drop weapons unless you needed to use it.

i think its gonne be like this
1 melee
1 sidearm
1 rifle (sacrafice to get rocket)
2-3 nades
+ extras (like NV or whatever)

I think it goes like this:

mellee: crowbar

handguns:the USP match and possible another more powerful one. able to carry both.

bigger conventional guns(anything requiring you to operate it with 2 hands; MP7, Shotty, guided missile launcher): you will only be able to cary one of these.)

bigger experimental/alien weapons: also able to carry only one(but notice he can keep the manipulator while having shotty, this means that you can have guns here eevn though you already have a weapon req. 2 hands)

nades & misc. explosives: dunno the limit...but it will probably be stuff like nades and satchel charges

well...if you notice my reply only cam 3mins. after yours...that was approx. the time I used writing the post.(when I started writing noone had responded yet)

Originally posted by Digital
wasnt that whas i said .. almost ??

since you added "SPECUALTION" at the end of the thread name I guess you are Thuggenflame proof of my bitching at you for posting speculating crap.

It's probably gonna be hold as many guns as you can, Valve is not going for a realistic aspect. Gameplay always over realism for Valve. If you want realism, thats what mods are for. Think of it this way, you think holding as many guns as you can as an unrealistic feature then lets talk about the time travelling, headcrab zombie monsters, and gravity guns...

Originally posted by bonanzaguy
there has already been another thread like this

so what, these whole forums are just filled with stupid speculatory spam right now. There's no more info about HL2 so its all spam and repetition so its ok.

yeah sure. people get killed all the time but hey it happens, so that makes it ok, right?

yeah sure. people get killed all the time but hey it happens, so that makes it ok, right?

That's a bad example. Something can be done about crime. Nothing can be done about the fact that we got no more info to talk about.

dumb argument...

who cares if it's been brought up before...nobody is forcing you to view or reply to it...

I don't think the idea of limiting weapons is so much to maintain realism as to make the gameplay more challanging. I don't think your supposed to be able to gun down every enemy you see in HL2 with heavy weapons. The demos show a lot of hideing and useing the enviroment to your advantage and I think that would be more fun then pulling out your second rocket launcher when your in trouble anyway. It might be just me but I like the idea of deciding if I should take the shotgun or SMG and perhaps trying the other one if I replay the game. Halo limited weapons and I personally thought it worked well there. It wouldn't dissapoint me if you could only hold one or two weapons in HL2.

-Straylight

i hope the shotgun still has the 2 round burst secondary fire.

Somewhere deep inside me I hope all weaps get sec. fire. Tho I know that aint happening.

THUGENSTEIN ou seem to have a lot of issues man :) referring to your signature :cheers:

Anyways I really like the fact that you can drop / pickup weapons, adds a little piece of realism.

Originally posted by Krigu
Somewhere deep inside me I hope all weaps get sec. fire. Tho I know that aint happening.

I heard in some preview or interview that all weapons would have some type of secondary fire.

-Straylight

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
dumb argument...

who cares if it's been brought up before...nobody is forcing you to view or reply to it...

owned

If you look at top in the video when he's changing weapons, there's a slot for melee (Crowbar), then one for pistol, and then one for that SMG, MP7 or what not. However there's a different selection for the OICW, but he has to drop the MP7 to pick up the shotgun. So I presume there will be a different category of weapons including the OICW which you'll able to have as well. Just a guess.

Back