We're back.

Congratulations for the succesfull revival of hl2.net.
It's good to see everything running again! :thumbs:

Chris_D said:
Bare in mind No Limit that although we are very appreciative to Valve for sorting the deal out for us, we are actually especially appreciative to Limelight Networks for actually offering us what they have done for free.
I think it is amazing that Limelight hosted the site, however, they are in the hosting business. What I find even more amazing is that Valve, a multi million dollar company, would offer to introduce a fan site to their partners to get everything going. I have never heard of something like this unless the company wanted something huge in return, there doesn't seem to be any of that here which shows the good nature of Valve and their partners, such as Limelight or Speakeasy. This is one of the main reasons I get so pissed off with posts that constantly bitch about Valve betraying their customers and crap like that.

Finally the string of the yoyo that is HL2.net has been mended, and we can all get back to spamming the place into the ground...

... errr...

... um...

... disregard the last half of that sentence, please.

yay the site is back. umm i feel great? ooohhfff? mehhhh

... yadda,

hi everyone!

edit: whoa they changed the rank things... i'm a bullsquid... yay i think.

Thank you god.

My fix for hl2 news has been sorely missed these past few weeks.

i tried lesser substances like map editing for Battlefield vietnam or reinstalling medieval total war.....

hard times

*cries*

Last visited: 06-10-2003

It's a lot of :LOL: having the site back and I almost had to :bounce: around when I saw that HL2.net were back.

Thanks Valve & Limelight Networks

Yaaaaaayyy!
Game company helps fansite set up server. Oh yeah. Valve may not be perfect, but I still say they rock.

Props to Valve for reaching out to the fans in this way! While we gripe that they don't keep us "in the loop" and are frustrated with their current Area 51 policy, something tells me that Valve does things like this regularly and we just don't hear about it.

Welcome back, Half-Life 2.net! We missed you.

thx valve, thx limelight... thats community support, the rest are lies

If there is any hl2 fan site worth getting support from Valve themselves, it is this one.

Welcome back, guys. Because of great deeds like this one, VALVe differs from all the other gamedevs. Thanks VALVe and Limelight Networks.

**hip-hip, hooray!**

wooohoooo, were back, i guess its a bit late, but what the hell, ive just come back from holiday so meh :p

I just found out myself nice to see the site is back and thanks to all the ppl that made it possible. :cheers:

Dark Angel said:
I just found out myself nice to see the site is back and thanks to all the ppl that made it possible. :cheers:

Dark Angel!! You said you were going to wait for me, here I am!!!

Valve do get something out of this actually. The site circulates a lot of hype onto its members , ive only just got back to the site and im already thinking about buying the game, i completly forgot about the game.
But overall its cos they are nice guys, just like us lot who dream of being game production people they were probably like us lot when they were our age (obviously talking about the younger members). Nice stuff valve

Brian Damage said:
Finally the string of the yoyo that is HL2.net has been mended, and we can all get back to spamming the place into the ground...

... errr...

... um...

... disregard the last half of that sentence, please.
rofl ;)

[SARCASM]I shall do that![/SARCASM]

[sarcasm] I just love these sarcasm tags! [/sarcasm]

Back