What a perfect opportunity!

Andy

Reaction score
It struck me the other day, what with the physics and all, that HL2 would be a really good place (if the it turns out to be as good as we think) to do something like the
Honda Accord Ad, without all the fuss of, y'know, renting a warehouse and doing 600 takes. You might have to rig it a little but that kind of domino effect would be awesome.

If you have no idea what I'm talkig about, what are you doing! watch the ad RIGHT NOW!!!

That advert is a rip-off of Jean Tinguely sculpture, bit it's still cool....yeh go make it !!!!!!

Certainly takes the piss out of that Guiness horses ad.......i hope Channel 4 do another vote for the best ads again

Originally posted by mrBadger
That advert is a rip-off of Jean Tinguely sculpture

Actually it was inspired by a old movie called "the way things go" (except in German) which was a great big sequence like the add, only 30 minutes in length !!!!

Originally posted by Murray_H
Certainly takes the piss out of that Guiness horses ad.......i hope Channel 4 do another vote for the best ads again

Yeah, and hopefully this time the Guinness advert won't be in it at all, I hated it.

Mmmmm guiness.....:cheers: Although i dont tend to drink beer i make an exception for that.

Originally posted by Andy
Actually it was inspired by a old movie called "the way things go" (except in German) which was a great big sequence like the add, only 30 minutes in length !!!!

woah....I just assumed that it was taken from the only real Kinetic artist (well, the best) but still it's a good advert.... :)

Acctually thinking about it. It would be pretty cool, because you could make one that goes the length of the map, and not have to worry about setting it up again once its done.

Originally posted by Andy

Yeah, I have that on VHS somewhere - it's brilliant!

Speaking of quality adverts, has anyone seen the new Tetley's ad? The one with the Swedish blokes dancing with guitars with a cheesy pop beat, and singing "Rainbow...Rainbow of love". For cool adverts see also Pimms.....god I love those

Originally posted by mrBadger
Speaking of quality adverts, has anyone seen the new Tetley's ad? The one with the Swedish blokes dancing with guitars with a cheesy pop beat, and singing "Rainbow...Rainbow of love". For cool adverts see also Pimms.....god I love those

Hahah, that's a brilliant advert. I thougt it was Norway, though..

Omg.........what about......wait for it........

The Mousetrap board?

:D :D my idea ©™® w00t ;)

Only need a bit of scripting (like for the motion of elastic bands), but it could be mainly physics based

I suppose you could code a playable mousetrap board and have indestructable dice you twat to roll and mice player models :D

I like the Copyright thing. That would be pretty cool. No doubt people will recreate most of the things on the planet.

Back