What Clothes does Gordon Freeman Wear?

Reaction score
In the beginning of Half-Life2 I wonder what clothes does our hero wear.
At the end of Half life G-man let us keep the hazard suit, but we got the suit at Kleiner's lab, so what clothes does he wear at the beginning of the game, can you imagine him wearing normal clothes, he will look like a hipster.

Also 3rd person doesn't tell us f*cking anything
2014-01-08_00002.jpg

It makes you think the real reason why there is no third person in hl2
ac5008bac560643eac627da92121602a2de404199be55845d6c09d3cae504ed9.jpg

Yeah, Gordon's wearing what all the other citizens are wearing.

And Half-Life 2 would NEVER work in a third-person view, it would destroy the series' acclaimed sense of "being there".

He wraps himself in the purest shimmering samite.

And Half-Life 2 would NEVER work in a third-person view, it would destroy the series' acclaimed sense of "being there".

It worked in Half life.

If they wanted to be truly immersive they should've never give the player a name as Gordon Freeman, leave him anonymous.

Writing dialogue that includes Gordon without him ever talking must be difficult enough. Writing that same dialogue without him even having a name? Fugedaboudit!

Well HL's dialogue is mainly "let X do the talking for the player when the time calls for it". I think having the player anonymous could've been done, its pretty common in some RPG's like TES, FO and even STALKER to a certain degree.

The honest truth is he's wearing whatever you'd like to imagine he's wearing.

If they wanted to be truly immersive they should've never give the player a name as Gordon Freeman, leave him anonymous.

Writing dialogue that includes Gordon without him ever talking must be difficult enough. Writing that same dialogue without him even having a name? Fugedaboudit!

While I can see where you're coming from, SEB, I disagree. Primarily for reasons Pikmini mentions. The name being set allows for less restricted dialogue and proper use of titles without just omitting such sentences or using some ridiculous this/they/them system or "Commander" in the Mass Effect series.

He's a geek turned hero though, that much is certain, and that's a big part of what draws people to his story. "Gordon Freeman" has become an iconic name for a lot reasons. It leaves the reader/player/viewer to question if there's some sort of meaning, or assignment/purpose he's had since birth. It's not exactly subtle, but it does the job.

I think he likes going around in his MIT hoodie, just to show off how smart he is. .... What ? .__.
But seriously, just like everyone already said, just some civilian clothes. Huh, I never thought of him as a really fashionable guy, I bet that he prefers wearing more practical clothes, rather than good-looking ones. And before BM he had a PONYTAIL ( yes, this is canon ). How cool is that ? :3

Jokes on you Freeman never wears underwear. Why do you think he's the FREEman.
because he got all of his clothes for free when he stabbed the real gordon freeman and took everything he had on him before he broke into black mesa while in a coked up frenzy. i'm not making this up it's all in the laidlaw vault

Back