What difficult are u goind to play Half-Life 2?

What difficult will u play hl2?

• Easy

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Normal

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 34 19.4%

• Total voters
Normal... if it's too hard, I'll start again on easy, if it's too easy I'll play on hard.

Normal, when I finish it I still have the challenge of beating it on hard, which you don't have if you start on hard the first time.

I voted for easy...

I like to start off easy, then try normal, then goto hard..

I'll play easy to soak in the story and check out all the features and familiarize myself with it. Then I'll play hard. By then (and that will take time) I'll move over to CS: Source, DoD: Source, whatever multiplayer HL2 has - and then the mods start coming out. Once HL2 ships, we'll have new games (mods) for years to come!!!

The Hulk said:
whatever multiplayer HL2 has

So is the bulk pack VALVe is selling a SP MP pack?

I thought it was something like special features. Like CZ's deleted scenes..or a poster and things...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
So is the bulk pack VALVe is selling a SP MP pack?

I thought it was something like special features. Like CZ's deleted scenes..or a poster and things...
That sounds like the collector's edition.

does anybody know what difficulty the e3 2003 binks and e3 2004 videoes are played in.i think some of it looks quite easy

i always played easy.. never tried normal and hard.. but with half-life 2 it will be diferent if the cleverness deppends on the game dificult

Oddly enough I'm one of those guys who could *easily* play on hard but still go with normal... I don't know why but I just don't like the 'hard' stamp.

I will play on hard... or whatever is most realistic. I don't like taking 20 bullets to the face and still be alive.

Normal unless I read on a review that Normal is too easy which would be disappointing. More than likely, normal will be a good challenge for veteran HL1 players on their first go around.

Some of you saying Hard are either really good, or just want to see how pissed off you get before you go apeshit on your computer. I prefer to enjoy the sights and sounds and get my ass handed to me if I do stupid shit, but not get my ass handed to me because I wanted to play with the big boys before graduating in junior league.

gonna play on easy :p. i could barely even beat a game on easy mode :LOL: still trying to beat farcry on easy for the last 3 weeks

snak3y3z1001 said:
gonna play on easy :p. i could barely even beat a game on easy mode :LOL: still trying to beat farcry on easy for the last 3 weeks

jeez... do you play multiplayer games much? I beat Farcry on realistic in about 1 weekend.

PatPwnt said:
jeez... do you play multiplayer games much? I beat Farcry on realistic in about 1 weekend.
you mean multi for farcry? nope. tried it didnt really like it. im stuck on this level where i lefted a laba and my objective is to follow the road to the a-sumthing. lol cant remember. all i know is im lost somewhere on a island while a bucnh of big looking freaks armed w/guns shooting at me :LOL:

Normal; because I just finished HL again the other day on it :)

definitely hard. Anything to prolong the gaming experience.

never play easy, always play normal first then hard and any difficutlty that comes squentally (spelled horribly wrong) in between or after.

on a side note.. 100th post and i joined in 11-11-2003...hmm i have alot of catching up to do

Normal or hard the first time through it. If normal, second time will be on hard, then on easy, then on whatever with cheats to just mess around.

HARD ..

with the constant cs playing. my skillz in aim and tactics are polished.
i say the combine can bring it on, because it is the fate of the world that rests on my shoulders.

I'll probably go through it like I did the original Half-Life.

Beat it on Easy. Because I suck.
Then beat it on Medium. So I can pick up on all the little details I didn't notice the first time.
Then on Hard. So I can turn into a screaming madman.

And when I finally do that, I'll stand up, knock over my chair, and point to my crotch with both fingers while yelling "Suck it down, bitch!".

I'll start with easy and multiplayer. Then the multiplayer. Then normal and more multiplayer. After that, multiplayer. Then maybe hard, then more and more multiplayer. After that maybe multiplayer.. Dunno.

PenaE said:
I'll start with easy and multiplayer. Then the multiplayer. Then normal and more multiplayer. After that, multiplayer. Then maybe hard, then more and more multiplayer. After that maybe multiplayer.. Dunno.
WTF did you say? lol

Used to always play on easy, now i go for playing on hard mode each time or if it's a game like Myth (anyone remember how fiendishly, stupidly difficult that was) i go for easy and struggle through anyways. However for HL2 i figure hard shall be the one that gets all of the awesome AI going so i want to see how much brains these things have.

thats a good point Rupertvdb, the AI wont fully kick in til we get on hard...

I always play on normal, hard on hl was well harder, not the same sorta step up from easy to normal.

I dont really go back to play on harder levels after, but i might with HL2 :)

brink's said:
Hard!, its the only difficulty real men play on.
Must... Resist... Innuendo...

Erm, sorry. Yeah I'll probably play it on normal, and I want to explore as much of this game as possible. Watching the people playing on the videos - I just kept willing them to look at that, turn to stare at this, etc.
arial said:
Hard just to make the game last longer.
Must... Resist... Inuendo...

Hard, so hopefully I'll get stuck somewhere...making it a more lasting experience :p

Also, After one run through I rarely completely replay a game, so it's best to go for hard, that's the only way you can be sure to have seen it all, in any game...

If it's a challenge I'll be sure to commend valve! And besides, that allows me to drop down a level if necessary..... :stare:

Back