What do you do?

How much did you pay for it back then?

The cheapest I can really find to buy is at shortyusa where I got my first airsoft gun(552 commando). It's about 530 on sale there now. Most other places are like 6-800.

Right about $250, used. It came in pristine condition though, and I sold it off for a little over $400. As a word of warning, don't buy from ShortyUSA. I live a reasonable distance from their physical store, and every one of them is a jackass. Not a one knows what they're talking about. Customer service blows twice as hard.

The only airsoft gun I ever owned was a Glock 17 I got for christmas one year.

The previous year I got Half-Life.

Go figure.

Yeah, airsoft is cool. Unfortunately it's not particularly popular as compared to paintball, and the only site around here is built on the side of a very steep hill. Last time I went (midwinter, granted) the combination of mud, wet leaves and surfaces that are very difficult to get a footing on was especially lethal.

I'm really into jiu jitsu now. I was ready to do my green belt grading this morning, but they wouldn't let me because I've got really dodgy shoulders and they can't cope with the stuff I have to do now, like breakfalling from a handstand out of a throw. :(

It's quite frustrating, green belt in 11 months would have been pretty sweet (to go with the three stone I've lost and the massive increase in fitness and everything else I've gained from doing martial arts).

Hoping to get them fixed surgically next year, which will probably mean six months to a year out. Worth it though, in the end. I've semi-dislocated them dozens of times having armlocks put on me and the like.

From the national championships last month:

76804_463377099211_508819211_5805114_2125351_n.jpg

If you're interested in getting the most out of yourself and your life, developing discipline and commitment, high levels of fitness and all the other characteristics which will make you successful and happy in life, then martial arts are definitely the way to go.

I'm temporarily disinterested in motorbikes until March because I've had enough of being frozen to the core and wrapped up like an eskimo now. I think I may have to learn to drive some time soon...

Or airlift the British Isles and place them a thousand miles further south. Winter sucks.

I got a spring-powered M1911 for Christmas once, years ago. It was pretty cool, so then I bought a gas powered Glock 17 and nobody wanted to play with me anymore.

Hmm, hobbies outside of gaming...

Watch anime from time-to-time, whitewater canoeing in the summer, snowboarding in the winter, whitewater kayaking year-round. This is all when I'm not completely bogged down by Life Sciences at Queen's University.

I Scuba dive - currently working toward BSAC Sports Diver, which will let me dive up to 35 meters deep through my Uni diving society. I go jogging around 4-5 times a week (though I've been a bit slack this week, what with all the ice. I know if I did go out, I'd end up breaking myself. Might take up swimming for the winter) and have recently stared doing weights and core work as well. Also, I'm an airsofter, though that tends to be mostly during time off from uni - I'm not familiar with the sites near Manchester and the university club is a complete joke from what I can tell. Looking foreward to getting in a few games over the Christmas break though, as well as finally putting my AKS-74 back together and hopefully getting a new AEG (probably an FN FAL/L1A1 SLR or Galil ARM).

The previous year I got Half-Life.

Go figure.
This. Exactly.

My hobbies proably are hiking, books, collecting all sort of geeky and obscure stuff, experiments and gadgetry in the lab and urban exploration...

Back