What do you notice first ?

baxter

Reaction score
I would welcome opinions on this. We have been out for the night with friends and after a few drinks a discussion started, don't ask me why, by nevertheless.
We started to discuss what you actually notice when you first meet a person. I notice the other person’s eyes, my mate, says it is natural to take in the female form and his eyes are automatically draw to females breasts.
Our partners say that they, though habit look at the male butt.
I am not trying to be sexist but just to settle an argument , when you first meet the opposite sex what do you notice first ?

The face generally, as with all humans.

Sexually a male will look at the females role to have children, shape of body and general health appearance give a guide to a females suitability to be a mate.

It does vary depending on who you are, a reasonable percentage of attractiveness comes from more than instinctual patterns in the brain....

I'd say it varies from girl to girl. Whichever charateristic is more striking, you know? Whatever catches my eye faster.

Usually it'll be their hair, for some reason. And then their eyes.

And then numerous other things in no particular order, aural as well as visual, as I'm shallow enough to reflexively dislike someone if I consider their voice irritating.

I'd have to agree with face, then check the rest like legs and all that after. Who want's a girlfriend that looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp...exactly.

Well I'm not going to look at a chick's ass without looking at their face first.

Face.

I tend to notice their asses long before their faces.

Well, considering the fact that I'm a hormone raging teen, I'd say I look at the ass, breasts, legs, then the her face to see if I'd have to close my eyes and pretend it's someone else when I first.. meet a lady.

Face usually and if they're smokin hot then it goes to the rest of the body then focus on the nicer parts ;)

Ah, it's interesting how many mentioned a smile- never been a feature of interest for me merely because my own smile looks horribly horribly sinister.

I am a stereotypical Brit with bad teeth :(

Edcrab said:
Ah, it's interesting how many mentioned a smile- never been a feature of interest for me merely because my own smile looks horribly horribly sinister.

I've never understood this "british bad teeth" stereotype.
I've always had perfect teeth, its funny they have those codes in the dentist ......i've always had "a1, a1, a1, a1, a1, a1"

It's something to do with our dental services, or... something. Beats me.

Mine are bad because they're naturally bad- they're not rotten or anything, I just look like some sort of flesh gobbling thing whenever I grin. It's awful :(

Not a list of what I notice first, but it's what I like most in a girl.

1. Face
  2. Ass
  3. Eyes
  4. Smile
  5. Hair
  6. Amount of Fat
  7. Hips
  8. Legs
  9. Voice
  10. Sense of Humor
  11. General Disposition
  12. Midriff
  13. Chest

Call me shallow, but if I'm going to be with someone, she has to be visually attractive. A good personality, though necessary, doesn't turn me on all on its own.

And the reason the chest is so low on my list? It doesn't matter what size they are, as long as a) they're there to begin with, b) they aren't obnoxiously disproportionate to the rest of the girl's body, and c) they're not all saggy and lifeless :p

Definately the face.

Then the general outline or body shape.

I'd tell you what I do as soon as I go outside. Oh hell, that aint gonna happen......

Breasts first, I could try to be more deep and say the eyes or something, but then I would just be fooling myself.

*passes buck*

Couldn't say; I think the answer would be different depending on the person you were introduced to and which attributes stuck out the most ( pun not intended )

Most recently, the personality.. but thats just because of the circumstances. Otherwise, I just take in the view how it comes to me I suppose. I guess I try not to judge people by how they look, but its just a natural reaction to do so...So I'l probably find myself drawn to the face, arse and eyes. Not in any particular order.

Chest.

Hey, I'm looking, not assessing someone for life-mate suitability.

Edcrab said:

Im with you, my smile isnt the best either, maybe because ive lost my front tooth like 10 times now...

Yeah, bad luck I guess :)

i agree that breast are the first think i look at, but i dont judge them based on them.

Ikerous said:
I tend to notice their asses long before their faces.

Yeah same here, because I am usually walking behind them, then start talking to them, got to scope out things first I say. :E

I do the quick chav check first, Big hoop ear rings? Swearing? Cigarettes (when not in a pub/social place), nike trainers, normal sort of chavy look. Then god, knows I don't understand these human instinct things I can't tell what I look at first be it male or female. But it would go 1) Is their stature normal (i.e not in wheel chair, head chopped off...etc) Then it's the face but at what in the face I don't know, just a general profile of the face I guess

Back