what do you think about the new screens?

what do u think

• farcry and doom got PWNED

Votes: 191 73.2%
  • great but not THAT great

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • ok

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
They must be time exclusive assets for one of the magazines so I guess that's why the link keeps getting deleted. If that's what the mods want I'll respect their wishes.

DarkStar said:
Yeah, they're not scans. That's why I don't understand the mods getting their panties in a bunch over these.

They came from the PC Gamer UK Dvd. It is COPY RIGHTED by PC Gamer UK, therefore it is ILLEGAL to distribute it.

NO ASKING FOR THE PICTURES

Saw some more new screens this game is simply gonna rock wow wow wow however Im more interested in the actual text of the article and my pc gamer still isnt in yet. ;(

Dedatorv said:
They came from the PC Gamer UK Dvd. It is COPY RIGHTED by PC Gamer UK, therefore it is ILLEGAL to distribute it.

Hmm yeah but I doubt they're going to sue everyone over this. Doesn't matter anyway we know where to get the screens :p

Yawn...

Banding the term Illegal around is a bit silly. We want to see promotional screenshots for game we are all probably buying anyway. It's like watching an underground trailer for a movie, can't hardly hurt the product can it.

I doubt PC Gamers sales are being affected either, it's all rather bizzare.

I'm not really sure if it's possible for people in the US to infringe on screenshots from a magazine that isn't on sale here, but if they don't want them posted than we shouldn't do it. Not worth gettined banned for.

I vote that they are not soo great cuz ther is not so much new content

well is better cuz I am less spoiled

but still they not are OMG TEH R0XX00R ofF Teh RoxX0R!!!!!1111oneone

I am speechless! Not really because of the graphics (although it does look good!) but rather because of the world the pictures portray. I just want to get in there, explore every single nook and cranny and find out what the **** is going on! I'm so goddamn excited! I've never ever before seen a game world that looks so interesting, I mean... just look at the... I mean... Christ!! :eek:

I never thought I'd actually say this, but... I WANT THE GAME RIGHT NOW! ;(

<RJMC> said:
I vote that they are not soo great cuz ther is not so much new content

but still they not are OMG TEH R0XX00R ofF Teh RoxX0R!!!!!1111oneone

WoW really well what game are you playing cause i want to play it also??

the citidel tower thing looks freaking amazing

Looks great, even better than i had expected. And alyx probably looks like that because of the animation atm. In real life people actually look different from time to time...

FarCry and Doom3 got PWNED?
the shots look great, but the render quality isn't better than Doom3.

it's the CONTENT that absolutely wallops Doom3. great architecture, great characters, great textures.

about Alyx i think it's just a range of expressions we haven't seen b4 - VALVe have been careful to always show her looking her best ;)

and btw She, HL2 has used radiosity lighting from the very beginning. i think the only difference with these is that some of the earlier shots mightn't have used normal maps on the diffuse lighting? i think both DX8 and DX9 have normal mapped specular, but only DX9 gets normal mapped diffuse lighting on characters (?)

farcry and doom got PWNED, man this is Awsome.

Halflife2 is really graphically impressive.

perhaps doom3 has a better rendering quality BUT its dark and in small rooms! hl2 has great outdoor areas with amazingly high poly counts and sweet textures as well as some nice effects like bump mapping

LeXo5 said:
PM me please :) .... btw hello im new to the forum but i have been reading for a a few months now......

Welcome to the Forums! :cheers:

edit: why PM you? want the link?

sorry sorry sorry ..... forget that i asked for link to pictures.... my fault i didn't read the rules :( sorry again

it's the CONTENT that absolutely wallops Doom3. great architecture, great characters, great textures.

perhaps doom3 has a better rendering quality BUT its dark and in small rooms! hl2 has great outdoor areas with amazingly high poly counts and sweet textures as well as some nice effects like bump mapping

Agreed and agreed. Source is at least comparable to Doom III in terms of engine tech. But where HL2 really wins is the art direction. A game like this goes to show that new engines will only be as good as the artists and designers behind it.

Doom III's dark metallic rooms got boring very fast. HL2 looks like a virtual tour through a wrecked, alien infested European City. I love it.

i like dark space station like rooms and capping zombies over and over again

They're incredible, but I'd rather read the review. Why no scans yet?

because scans arnt allowed on this site for the milliontrh time read the stickys

yeah but there are no scans in the internet! not even on ***...

Ugh. I know scans aren't allowed, but if there were, people would be able to type what was in them, so people like me could actually know what the freakin' review said.

They're not exactly as detailed as Doom 3, but they're damn beautiful. Can't wait for this game.

The most impressive one was one where it had very detailed destroyed buildings in the background, where you were fighting a combine soldier.

LoL i must be the only one who hasn't seen any screenschots. I followed the big thread for 40 pages and as soon as i stoped it got flooded with links to the screens :(

OMG this is pissing me off why dosent someone tell us more about the fuc*ing reweiw

<RJMC>You said: "I vote that they are not soo great cuz ther is not so much new content

but still they not are OMG TEH R0XX00R ofF Teh RoxX0R!!!!!1111oneone"

And so I was asking what game you are playing right now that is better than HL2 cause Im missing out on it if its better than these shots????

I think the pics look 'good' as compared with doom3 and farcry. The thing where Half Life gets its strength is the actual 'playing it'.
Just like HL1 didnt have the best graphics at the time, it did have something magical - with made it the most compelling FPS i've ever played.
if HL2 has the same gameplay and believeablility as its predecessor, its gonna rock, especcially because the Source is made for visualising a believable world, rather than going for the "pretties game award".
Doom 3 sucked ass in the 'story' factor - they stole the HL1 G-Man idea and didnt pull it off but okay - story is more important for me. It shouldn't be the graphics card that has the biggest influence on how you experience a game. IT SHOULD BE THE STORY, and graphics should be second place (love graphics though!! still praying for an x800).

ID wasnt able to compell me with its story, and HL1 still does better on that, so HL2 should be best of both = damn good game - leave it to valve if you ask me

Man i was thinking that HL2 wasn't gonna be as impressive as it once was....i was wrong.

HL2 looks better then Far Cry, thats for sure, maybe not Doom 3, but hey, its Doom 3.

I guess I'm crazy cause I think CSS looks better then D3:(

brink's said:
I guess I'm crazy cause I think CSS looks better then D3:(

No your not alone cause I dont think D3 looks good at all IMO I mean its pretty but not that great when compared to farcry and HL2 and trust me I see games in all there glory on my system. D3 is just to dark and everything looks repetative for some reason there is no depth to the graphics its just well....blah!

Back