what do you think of thief deadly shadows?

How far did you get cause I want to tell you something but It could contain a spoiler.

Great game! :thumbs:
Hmm, but I still think Thief 2 is my favorite of them three :)

It sucked a lot of ass... didn't bother to finish it. Bad performance and controls... and it was boring... the game made stealing stuff boring! :rolling:

Letters said:
It sucked a lot of ass... didn't bother to finish it. Bad performance and controls... and it was boring... the game made stealing stuff boring! :rolling:

Deus Ex: Invisible War made conspiracy theories boring as well :(.

Theif 3 was a let down mainly cause the made the PC port so horribly bad...!! Consoles that steal our games! CURSE YOU!! CURSE THE BOX WITH THE BIG X!!!

hmm did i overreact? :D

yeah it had that unshakable console residue lingering in everything you did. it wasn't as bad as i was expecting (after what Ion Storn did to Deus Ex '2'), but overall it was largely forgettable.

worth a spin if you're not expecting it to rock your world.

Been a big fan of the Thief series, Thief 3 was waaay to short and way to small. I was kind of hoping for more 'Life of the party' style missions from T2. That said, its still a great game with great atmosphere.

I hear that level is awesome.

Anyway i thought Thief 3 was really good. I love that level in the seaside manor. I haven't gotten up to the Shalebridge Cradle yet though. I hear thats scary as.

thief 1 - great
thief 2 - good
thief 3 - basically a good game, but I dislike it nearly as much as DX:IW

i dont have it yet, just asking how it is

i got thief3 for free with my vid card...never installed it, never played it. if ur interested, let me know.

i got thief3 for free with my vid card...never installed it, never played it. if ur interested, let me know.
]
I'll take it....not that I'd play it. I need something to throw at someone. Since everything around me is worth sometin, I need a worthless thing.

Thief 3 has the most scariest level in a FPS I have seen. You have to play that level..what's it called again...anyway it's the level where they converted an insane asylum to an orphange. :LOL: That level is very frightining. :eek:

Loved it. But you have to do a lot of tweaking to get Garrett to move smoothly. (PC)

One of the reasons I wish John Romero had died from cocaine overdoses after Quake... so Ion Storm wouldn't have been created

If this was made solely for the PC it would be a 95%. But because of all it's shortcomings, mainly to do with small level size because of the X-Box, it's only worth 86% at most.

thehunter1320 said:
One of the reasons I wish John Romero had died from cocaine overdoses after Quake... so Ion Storm wouldn't have been created
I take it you've never played Deus Ex.

It came with my X800XT Platinum Edition. It's pretty boring if you ask me. I'm not into the whole midieval quest thing where you break into "Lord so-and-so's" castle and steal his purse only to find that it doesn't contain anything useful. None of the weapons are very affective...maybe I'm not far enough yet though...I got too bored.

If you like stealth stuff, then it's okay. Except you can be in a dimly lit room and stand right next to some guy and he won't see you...even if he makes direct eye contact with you. He'll just say "Oh, I probably just saw me own bloody shadow." Actually, buddy, you saw a man dressed in a hooded outfit with a bow and arrow pointed right at your face standing 2 feet away from you. Man, people must have been way stupid back then. :rolleyes:

:D

But If you like stealth games with more guns and cool stuff like that, then get Splinter Cell.

Moto-x_Pat said:
If you like stealth stuff, then it's okay. Except you can be in a dimly lit room and stand right next to some guy and he won't see you...even if he makes direct eye contact with you. He'll just say "Oh, I probably just saw me own bloody shadow." Actually, buddy, you saw a man dressed in a hooded outfit with a bow and arrow pointed right at your face standing 2 feet away from you. Man, people must have been way stupid back then. :rolleyes:

Turn down the gamma. I set it so that all the shadows were actually black. Makes it much more realistic.

It didn't deserve to have the Thief title printed on it's box. Deadly Shadows yes, Thief, no. Horrible game.

I think it would have been better had it been developed only for the PC (same with DE:IW). I still enjoyed it though

I think it was amazing. The gameplay mechanics had its shortcomings, and so did the performance, but the level design, the story, and the atmosphere was incredible. The game ran flawlessly with everything maxed out, except with AA only at 4x, so that may have something to do with me enjoying the game alot more than others.

Back