What happened to winamp?

xcellerate

Tank
Reaction score
It used to be this nice tiny program, but I updated to the newest version and now it's this 30mb behemoth that tried to slip in toolbars, spamware, and shit in my folder browser every time I clicked 'next' on the installer menu. And now I've got this media browser window that I can not remove otherwise it shrinks my song browser window to about 1 inch tall and I can't make it taller, and even if I could it still won't let me drag it beneath the player controls.

Here's what I want (and had in previous versions):
want.jpg

and this is what I get now:
getd.jpg

tell me there's an easy way to make this happen that I haven't figured out yet.

**** I hate Realplayer and Winamp and I-tunes.

All a bag of ****ing wank. If I met someone who had something to do with Real Player I'd hit them in the face, for all the years of ****ing memory that program has stolen from me running in the task bar.

AND NO, I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE YOUR SHITTY PROGRAM **** OFF

Normally I'd be shocked by something like that, but with 1300+ moans I'm just impressed.

I still use Winamp, despite how long it takes to boot up. I still prefer the way the media library is setup, allowing me to customize columns completely. I haven't really bothered to look for an alternative.

OP, I hear you bro. That's why I stick to version v5.32. Right before they ****ed everything up. It'll ask you to update occasionally, just ignore it.

r2vmt0.jpg

The only window you should have open is the playlist editor.

Try quintessential player, i havent used it in years but it's basically a slimmer version of winamp.

Use Foobar you dumbutts. How many times I gotta say this?

74775679.jpg

You just have to know how to set it up. Winamp is my favorite actually, not that I don't also hate it at the same time.

But, I like it better than Media Monkey and Fubar is too minimalist for me. Never understood why the EQ had to be a giant floating window, like something that should never be used. Just ****ing integrate that shit, god damn. **** HAVING A ****ED UP DAY.

???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpQSaUgR-A4
This is awesome, Vegeta, thanks. The video made my day.

WMP is the best, tbh.

Windows Media Player is a bloated piece of rubbish.

I'm with Vegetable - just use an old version of Winamp. But if you want to keep with the new version, there are some more minimal themes that do just have the playlist and main windows. You can still hide the equaliser, visualisations, and media library. Just not on the default theme.

If I could have WMP11 or Zune Player's interface design with foobar2000's memory footprint, I'd be happy.

I took some advice and upgraded to a previous version.

I'd love to be at the meeting for this update, "Hmm...people seem to like how small our program is and its efficient layout...maybe for the next update we should make it three times as large and cluster-**** the layout--brilliant!"

The worst part about Winamp is unchecking 90% of the things the installer comes with, but when you upgrade it will remember what you unchecked the last time.

I just use media library view all the time, in full sized window. And I just minimize it once I pick what I want to hear. With the awesome [search as you type] bar, I type in the song, album or band I want to hear, and it will list everything.

I use the plug-in with the [play/pause/next ... ] buttons you can put on the taskbar.

I used winamp a lot, especially because my headphones were crap and i could use the presets to boost the bass to make it better, and i also loved the milkdrop2.0 visualizations. But since pretty much all my music are hour long mixes i dont need a library, and i got new headphones so i dont need the presets anymore, so windows media player does the job just fine as it opens instantly and brings no fuzz with it.

You can get an old version(I think from the wiki). What I did was just dl the most recent one and set the theme to classic. It feels exactly like the old version.

I still use winamp ... If you strip out all the bloatware, underneath it's still quite refined. Beats WMP anyway.

Back