What If...

Stone

Reaction score
A thought just occured to me while I was sat here, reading though the posts, and not quite sure if this thread belongs on this forum...

What if HL2, turns out to be the worst game anyone has ever played...?!?
All these new features are no good if the game is not playable..
Everyone seems so confident that this is going to be the best game of this year, and I was one of them, I don't know if it's just because of the alcohol and the fact that I've got lots on my mind but it just popped into me head... sure the graphics look impressive and the physics are just amazing... but what if guys and gals, if we've finally gained any...?!?

GULP ;(

LOL we are talking about Valve here m8, Dont think even if they tried they could put a bad game out m8.:)
Besides if it was bad i would still play it and pretend it was good :)
So either way i dont care lol ;)

I would kick your bloody a** and then fk it and AFTER THAT i would ban you from the forums posting that crappy shit..

Btw it's already a thread about this..

AND plz don't share this feelings with us..

Then I will never trust devs again and move on, will wait for Theif III and Deus Ex 2.

Frankly, I don't even care if the game is terrible: I'd buy it just to be able to play around in the tech demo level and fool around with physics. But I'm reasonable assured that the actual game will be great too. If not, oh well, there are plenty of othre great games too.

I have no doubt that HL2 will be an awesome game, but if worse comes to worse... there's always mods.

latest info from valve:

We've decided HL2 would be better on the Atari Game System. We've trashed the Source and have begun work on the Atari version, using high quality 8-bit formats.

Well i just emailed Gabe:

--------------------------------------

Hi Oh Lord Of The Mighty

I just heard that you were switching to an Atari version of the game. Is this true?

It was true, but we decided the BBC computer was the only one capable of running HL2 how we wanted it

--------------------------------------

There you have it! Sucks to all you 3ghz 9800 pro FOOLS, i knew my BBC would stand the test of time. I wonder how many floppys HL2 would use

/me begins to size up a new room in preperation

*Please insert disk number 22,019 and press return to continue*

Originally posted by Murray_H

/me begins to size up a new room in preperation

*Please insert disk number 22,019 and press return to continue*

and that's just the Sierra logo :p

anyway, sorry bout posting this was having a really bad day, due to me saying things that I didn't want to say to a close friend and worring about her reaction, as I didn't see her after i told her :x..

I'm now back to being confident that it will be great :cheese:

the biggest thing in the world right now is that valve states this game can basically run on any system with 72 fps.

Even better they state that if your fps starts to drop the game will adjust itself so it goes to its max

Valve hasn't said anytihng about a particular fps target. They have implied the latter part though. But I'd bet that the bar for stable FPS will be much lower for older systems: like a stable 30fps or so.

Originally posted by Stone
A thought just occured to me while I was sat here, reading though the posts, and not quite sure if this thread belongs on this forum...

What if HL2, turns out to be the worst game anyone has ever played...?!?
All these new features are no good if the game is not playable..
Everyone seems so confident that this is going to be the best game of this year, and I was one of them, I don't know if it's just because of the alcohol and the fact that I've got lots on my mind but it just popped into me head... sure the graphics look impressive and the physics are just amazing... but what if guys and gals, if we've finally gained any...?!?

GULP ;(
Why worry about anything like that? I wanna play HL2, too, but why worry about it? Can't do anything about it. Hell, Unreal 2 was hyped like hell and sucked, but I just shrugged. No big deal. The gaming industry will go on and release good games.

-Vert

I started a thread exaclty like this called "What if HL2 is crap ?" :LOL:, didnt get much attention because the forum was just starting out back then :)

What if we were all made of cheese?

The middle word in life is "if", so don't worry about all these "ifs"

I remember BBC microcomputers. They had really great games like asteroids and frogger and elite. This is goin gmiles of topic.

If it turns out to be the worst game ever made, it would be interesting as an example of how something can go so catashtophically wrong. IMO, the worst case scenario is the game is a little below par. That would just be really annoying, thinking this game is good, but it's just not great like HL1 was.

I'm confident that VALVe is going to put out one of the greatest games to ever exist. If they don't, we can always wait for the MODs, yes?

no,

we can't wait for the mods, that's the reason there are so many posts flying around at the moment!

Cant tke all of the negative energy!!!!1

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I have my reasons.

1: We don't see adds saying "Gabe Newell is going to make you his bitch."

2: Romero is not associated with HL2 to the better part of my knowledge.

3: Valve is nothing like EA (who most of the time to half asses jobs and release the games months before the set date where more work could have been done).

4: I trust the people at Vlave know what they are doing.

5: If it is not all that it is said to be, we still have mutiplayer.

6: If nothing works, at least it got some of us to upgrade our computers finally.

Originally posted by Mitoboy
I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I have my reasons.

1: We don't see adds saying "Gabe Newell is going to make you his bitch."

That was low man...That was low....but so true.

There is no way this game can be crap. If valve lives up to everything it promises, then this game will and i mean WILL be the greatest game of all time. I'm so confident look at my signiture.

I want Source, who wote for Source engine?????

Back