What Is Half-Life 2's Media Type?

tez

Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm planning to buy Half-Life 2's CD version. Please inform me, Half-Life 2 is how many CD? I see 5 CD in some shops. Are they real original official releases? Is there any problem or error in game?
And I heard there is 6 CD versions too. Are they pirated illegal releases? Please inform which is true. Thanks...

There are 5 discs version and a DVD version of the original.
You can also buy if via Steam. Once you bought it on Steam you can download and install the game without leaving you house. Also may i recommend getting the Orange Box. It's better value for money as it includes Half-Life 2, Half-life 2: Episode 1, Half-life 2: Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 all for the cost of a single game.
There are pirated releases, but due to Steam protection they have many issues with them.

Get the Orange Box instead of the original Sierra-published Half-Life 2. Far better value for money.

You do have a DVD drive, right? If you don't, are you sure you have a PC capable of running the game?

edit: Also, if you're looking at CD releases, chances are that they are second hand (there hasn't been official CD editions for about 4 years, I think). Because of how Steam works, buying second hand games is a very bad idea, and you'll almost certainly find that someone else has got your game already tied to their account. Again, I recommend getting the Orange Box. It's on offer everywhere and you get so much in it.

Back