WHat sort of speeds are you all getting?

B

briankeys

Its steady around 1mbit per update..

Thats pretty slow by my standards, and grabbing the updates at 3mbit total is pretty lame..

Is there any way to change servers, or is there a bandwith cap?

my cable modem is capped at 3mbits, and i can pull that off steam constantly.

Mmm From Steam it moves around a lot the average Is about 150KB...

My cable can go much higher than that though.

i don't know if the banners are indicative of what server you're currentlly on, but whenever I get the fileplanet banner along with it comes slow download speeds. I do rarely get 150-200k/sec.

this is disappointing.. 2mbit, shakey. I know they can cough up more. I have a 10mbit pipe, wide open. Come on bastards! show me what you've got@!@@@

For some reason mine lied and said it was downloading at 800k-1.1mb/s. It took about 7-8 minutes for it to download.

do you guys realize that steam measures in kb, not KB? thats kiloBITS, not kiloBYTES. The difference, 1 byte = 8 bits... Therefore, when your downloading 800kb off steam, thats the same as downloading 100 KB off of a website or anything else. Keep in mind that although the speed's you are getting are good, they are not AMAZINGLY great as you might think they are.

I got a constant 400Kb/s which is around 50KB/s on my 512Kb/s ADSL so I was pretty pleased with that speed. :D

i only got 68kb/s on my 10mbit full duplex line !

128kbit (i.e. my full bandwidth, using 128 (local 512). You don't really think when it says 68kb/s it downloads with 68kb/s, right :)) (divide to 8)

Back