what the heck is up with posting

G

it has some error and doesent link you back... meh thinks something is f0Ouxxored

hmm yeh, seems like it. there was a php problem 30 mins ago, and since posts keep repeating eratically for me, and new threads still say 0 replies when they have been replied too.

strange oO

hmm yeh, seems like it. there was a php problem 30 mins ago, and since posts keep repeating eratically for me, and new threads still say 0 replies when they have been replied too.

strange oO

and i just got "There seems to have been a slight problem with the Halflife2.net database." when i pressed submit reply

also in the little error notice they spell apolgize with an s heehee

probably because it was written by a british person :)

That's the proper English way to spell it.

Originally posted by Chris_D
That's the proper English way to spell it.

english as in british english or as in US english :cool:

cause in us english nah-uh its apologiZe

Main page says this and 3 other threads have 0 replies. Alb was apparently the last poster on these 3 threads (when he really wasnt) and You cant edit things. Interesting indeed.

Only thing that works right now is deleting. Quick reply, and post reply both give the error, and its impossible to edit.

the forums have been h@X0r3d?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!???!!!!!

yeha, its been playing tricks on me too.

Originally posted by alb1221
english as in british english or as in US english :cool:

cause in us english nah-uh its apologiZe

No, Americans are just bad spellers. That's how it got changed in the first place.

Many American words are spelt more like they are spoken. Because of their accent. Its the same with British words really. Although, whats up with saying it it Aloom-i-num?

Bloody Americans took the "u" out of perfectly good words; favour, honour, labour. Tsk!

Something seems to be ****ed up with the MySQL database. I got many diffrent error notes from php complaining about diffrent things in the MySQL db tonight.

Because it's spelt aluminium, not aluminum.

Do you pronounce sodium like sodum? Titanium like titanum?

Again, this has been brought about by basic, widespread ignorance of the correct spelling over the short history of the United States. To spell it aluminum is completely wrong in terms of scientifical classification, and the US pronounciation is due to a publishing error at the time of the element's discovery, after which no one seemed to care about the correction.

Because you have grown up with this pronounciation, Americans press the word 'aluminum' as an acceptable spelling, though it is by no means correct.

It's generally avoided in American discussion, (hence you not knowing about it) because as a people you are completely unable to admit when you're wrong.

QED

Originally posted by -*Mi6*-Mr_Matt

Again, this has been brought about by basic, widespread ignorance of the correct spelling over the short history of the United States. To spell it aluminum is completely wrong in terms of scientifical classification, and the US pronounciation is due to a publishing error at the time of the element's discovery, after which no one seemed to care about the correction.

Because you have grown up with this pronounciation, Americans press the word 'aluminum' as an acceptable spelling, though it is by no means correct.

It's generally avoided in American discussion, (hence you not knowing about it) because as a people you are completely unable to admit when you're wrong.

QED

OR

because it doesnt matter.

...you know , either one could be true I guess.

I think the whole crashing of the forums, was a conspiracy by the dictionarys so that we'd argue about spelling words in different ways, thus we might make a dictionary with only one way to spell a word, thus bringing an end to the war between american and british dictionarys!!

Hope the forums get fixed soon, hey?

atomic* (sorry edit isn't working and i don't want to look like an idiot more than i have to)

Umm, I will be avoiding the whole spelling discussion for the fact that I am a bad speller and bad at arguing with people.

But on the board being mixed up....

The EV1L has invaded the boards!

/me runs Norton Anti-Virus

I don't have a good feeling about this.

There is no "right" way of spelling anything. Hell, in 1700's there was still no standard of spelling, it was common practice to just sound out words... in fact some famous people spelt their own named differently than we do today. By the time they standardized it, Americans were already spelling center (since it ends with an -er sound, not a -reh sound), color (kul - er, not kul - owwer) etc.

Besides, you Brits love all the little things that make you different...if you didn't have that, then what would make you special?

ps. I'm about as english as they come bloodwise, and my dad lives there, so spare the flames :)

Originally posted by -*Mi6*-Mr_Matt

QED

Sorry a misunderstanding there. You couldnt hear my tone of voice. I was actually meaning that saying the way Americans do is just weird.

I have a better idea...instead of the Brits railing on us Yanks and vice-versa, why don't we just make fun of the French?

Well if this makes it through.....

These errors are very annoying, I can't even post!

This is soo not :afro: !!

Originally posted by Typhon
I have a better idea...instead of the Brits railing on us Yanks and vice-versa, why don't we just make fun of the French?

Here here!

Back