what the hell is Vavle doing?

tewmten

Reaction score
The beta worked fine, now it goes 1.0 and hell brakes loose!
I can understand why the updates are going slow, the servers are beeing hogged by everyone so I'm fine with that.
But the thing that bothers me are that it takes forever to start something in steam, like just opening the settings window take up to five minutes!! goddamnit use the cpu! Steam uses like 2% of my cpu power, I got 98% free! make it use at least 85% so it'll do something instead of looking pretty!!

And another thing, when I wanted to convert my HL mods I got installed, it said something like this "Steam has detected a Half-Life Platinum CD-Key and you will be able to play these mods one month then you have to purchase them".. Okay, lemme get this one thing straight, I've had Half-Life since December 1998, it's not some sort of platinum extreme gold bullshit, it's a original cd, and I wanna play with it as long as I like, not just a month! Valve said that a CD-Key would be needed, but they never said anything about it beeing limited! That just pisses me off, I got a key, and I wanna use it, not pay for using it! My dad payed for it while getting Half-Life for me as a christmas gift!

I'll just hope Valve fixes this, 'cos the it is now, it's shit! The shouldn't have rushed the 1.0 release, they should have made it more reliable.. I'll just hope they do something.

And why did they shut down their website? I mean, the steampowered.com box is there, it's ftp is up, but not their website!

scheeesh!!

Originally posted by tewmten
The shouldn't have rushed the 1.0 release, they should have made it more reliable.

RUSHED? HAHAHAHAAHA

They have been letting a million or more people beta test it for months.

Yeah right now im loading CS on it, but its been loading for the past 4 minuts....maybe they'll fix it w/ a patch soon, and it could just be too crowded:borg:

are you SURE you didnt get THIS message? it says "Free monthly subscription to hese games" not "one free months subscription to these games"

:cheers:

Originally posted by Wraith
are you SURE you didnt get THIS message? it says "Free monthly subscription to hese games" not "one free months subscription to these games" :cheers:
ah yeah, that's it.. maybe I was a bit worked up over the bad performance from steam :-P

I had a damn good suggestion. A bit torrent way of downloading steam files. You download, you have to upload.

Originally posted by morpherex
I had a damn good suggestion. A bit torrent way of downloading steam files. You download, you have to upload.
yeah, 'cos sharing is good :D

Back