What to do!?

P

puppy19

I am doing everything within my power to not reformat....I really don't want to - here's whats up:

Every game, no matter hl universe or other, at some point gives me the blue screen of death. It seems to be related to sounds, i.e. crashes at louder or more intense sound intervals...

a7n8x mobo
9600xt ati
1 gig ddr mem
i use intergrated sound (no card)
using dx 9 (of course)

i have upgraded everything and have latest drivers for the nforce chipset and ati grfx driver. Flashed bios too. Defraged hd. service pack 2. I still get BSOD on everything i try to play.

Could it be as simple as needed a sound card and turning off the on board sound through the bios? Anyother suggestions?

Thx!

Tried the ram? I used to get that when I built my pc. I had it in the wrong holes.

the funny thing is is that is was fine for a long time and this just started within the last month or so (didn't add new ram during that time).

Well, what did happen within the last month? Did you do any installing of some type of program, viruses, or spyware? Anything of that sort can cause the Blue Screen of Death. Think about what you added to your computer during that month.

has intergrated audio w/ the mobo chipset been known to cause these types of things?

You could check inside the case to see if there is any large build ups of dust, if there is some major dust just go out and buy a compressed air can and clean it out.

Another option to help figure out the problem would be to go into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio(Deal w/o the audio for the time being), then try to force your computer to reach the usual crashing point, if it doesn't crash then go out and get a sound card.

Back