what were the specifications of your first computer?

Sai

Reaction score
66 mghz
12 mb ram
1.8 gigs of space

the first computer i had in my possesion was a used packard bell :cheers:

I had a Packard Bell too!

133 MHz(my FSB has more, lol)
16 mb RAM
2 Gigs of HDD

my videocard is a better computer then that.

it was 133MHz, 32RAM, I think it was a 5 gig harddrive but not sure, all I know it ran half life on low resolutions and on software.

wow, low res on software??

i honestly didn't think that was possible...so i'm thinking you didn't have a 3d accelerator back then?

Sai said:
wow, low res on software??

i honestly didn't think that was possible...so i'm thinking you didn't have a 3d accelerator back then?

Nope, what I stated is all I had (plus MB and powersource of course), but back then even that looked amazing, since it was my first fps.

CPU - Intel 486SX 33Mhz
RAM - 4 MB
Onboard video RAM - 512 KB
Onboard cache - 8 KB
Hard Drive - 213.9 MB
Floppy drives - 1.44 MB 3.5", 1.2 MB 5.25"
OS - DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.1

I had to do some searching, but here are the specs I found on a forum. This was a Packard Bell that cost my parents about $1500 or so back in 1992.

edit: When I was a kid, I loved playing Rodent's Revenge and Jewel Thief... That was the best thing back in the day.

Hmm, gotta look at the compaq that we have upstairs, but I rocked the C64.

I can't remember my first computer's specs, but it was a gift from my dad's company for 15 years of working for them. This was in the late 80s, so.. if someone wants to brave a guesstimation of the specs (it was highend) :p

My first "real" computer that I used all the time was..

Pentium 133MHz
16MB EDO RAM
2GB HD
28.8kpbs modem
Windows 95

Came with a monitor and printer and everything too.. this thing was highend for its time, it was a Packard Bell, and wasn't cheap by any means. It baffles me to this day as to why my dad bought such a "future" computer, but it was great for its time.

/me misses the days of walking into a store and buying a game and laughing at the recommended specs

Sai said:
66 mghz
12 mb ram
1.8 gigs of space

Shit mine was around that, but was a compaq :thumbs:

I had:
Pentium 3 350mghz (or was it 450, My memory is really bad)
Some high end Gigabyte motherboard
A Matrox Millenium G something or other (G200 maybe) with like 16MB memory (or was it 32, I cant remember)
A 20GB(or somewhere around there) SCSI Hard drive
I think around 256MB memory (might have even been 512, I know I spent a LOT on memory)
Sound Blaster sound card
A 4.1 speaker setup, cant remember brand
The monitor I still use today
A Lexmark printer
and they threw in a microphone that I still have sitting on my desk

I spent about $3000-3500 on this machine I beleive, custom built from a company that went out of buisness.

This was back in early '98 I believe.

you bought a 350 mhz CPU in 98? Didnt they have much higher back then? Now that I think of it, I got mine in '96/7 i think and it only had 133 mhz. Wow, weve come a long way.

mm lets see..333mghz 96 or 64 ram, 8 gig hdd, win 98, mm 56k..it was a compaq

Pentium 200 with MMX technology :O
48 MB of RAM :p
2 MB of crappy built in video memory :(
2 GB Harddrive :D
56 K Modem :)

Packard Bell
90Mhz Pentium I
around 12-16 MB RAM I think
maybe 800MB HD
I don't really remember. :/

Sai said:
66 mghz
12 mb ram
1.8 gigs of space

My first was an old IBM system that my sister gave me. I think it had two megabytes of ram or something. It sucked.

My first "real" computer was... a Cyrix! No shit! I can't remember the clock speed, though. I think I had 32 megs of memory, or maybe 64. Hard-disk was maybe four gigabytes. I can't really remember.

edit: now that I think about it, I think the first one I had was an Amiga 500.

MAN THAT WAS WAY BACK...
i cant remmber
but id trade the one i have now for it any day...

My first own one (except the amiga we had even before I was born) a Gateway 2000, 266mhz with a whoppin' 4mb S3 VIRGE NITRO card! (was worse than it sounds, trust me) .

i got my first pc 5 years ago
20gb hdd
integrated graphics
P4 1.80 ghz
376 ram
i dont go to far back do i

The Terminator said:
I had a Packard Bell too!

133 MHz(my FSB has more, lol)
16 mb RAM
2 Gigs of HDD

I had pretty much exactly the same spec, we got it upgraded to a 64meg Ram and some more hdd's, and i played HL on it :)

But that wasn't my First PC, the first one was some old 486 with windows 3.1 on, which i used to play BlakeStone and some House of Horrors game. rox0r.

The first PC my family ever had was a 386. I don't remember much else about it... I know it had both types of floppy drives... It probably had 4 mb of ram. I remember getting one of the AOL cds and thinking it was the coolest thing ever... but I was very dissapointed because the damn machine didn't have a modem!

486DX
4MB RAM
40MB HDD
DOS 6.22
Windows 3.11
Word 6
Monochrome monitor.

My first real (i.e. one that wasn't given to me) computer was a 266MHz IBM Cyrix with 32MB RAM, 2MB S3 Virge Video Card, 2GB HDD and Windows 95. Still have the monitor, keyboard and speakers from that.

Mine was a packard Bell too. I think it was a P2 500mhz, 128mb RAM, and a whole 4 gig Hard Drive!!!!!!!!!!! W0ot go me!. Half-life 1 took up about a quarter of the HD space

Hmm.. I think I got this PC (for my birthday) in 1998..

Pentium 2 266
64mb RAM (upgraded to 128 after about a year)
Don't know what graphics card... upgraded to a GeForce 2 after a while
4gb HD

And I was still using it last year ;(

Gateway, Pentium 2 or 3, not sure, at 233mhz, 32mb ram, 4gb hdd.

In addition to my post above... the first computer I ever bought with my own money (which wasn't until I moved out) was a dell 4100 p3 - 800mhz, 128mb ram, and a 16mb geforce2 of some sort i think. don't recall the hard disk size.

ok this will get ya smiling!
IBM PC 8088-12MHZ , comaq 286/66 MAYBE. 640k on a good day
a 40MB hdisk RLL or MFM!
BTW- if you know what MFM or RLL means, consider yourself old school.
also used some of these moldy oldies: TRS80 model I,II,III,IV AND the COCO64!
graphics? 2 - black and white ;))) or try 16 colors... on your TV!

not sure what the specs were, but it couldnt even run windows i dont think. when u turned it on al there was, was like a menu and there was a list of programs and games. thats all.

The first one I think my family ever had was when I was like maybe 2 years old, so I have no idea what it was and can't really remember much about it. But there was only black and white, no color on it. I just remember I always played Reader Rabbit on it, and I don't think it had an operating system or anything. But it died a LONG time ago, maybe a year after I first used it, so I can't tell what it ways, but I remember what windows 3.1 was and it didn't have it.

A packard bell with 50 mhz, 4 mb ram and windows 95. That is the first computer I got. Heh, it had problems running games such as Jack rabbit. Man that was a fun game. :LOL:

lol So who takes the title as worst first computer? I would say it was Ewilsons lol.

My first computer was a 386 IBM machine, not sure what the exact ghz was but it was definitely around 20 or so. No soundcard. The hardrive was a measly 80 MB...The computer didn't even have Windows on it, it was exclusively DOS based.

you know you are old when you remember buying DOS 5.0 and still have the floppies to prove it. i am guilty as charged..

Back