What were you like in high school?

I was (and am) very introverted. But there was a circle of 10 friends or so that I trusted completely. So I also tend to be disappointed by friends sometimes. I was great at giving speeches on science and politics and wrote essays that were great by all accounts. I used to be especially loud in debates where I thought the opponent was being stupid or appealing to emotions (Eg- Only stupid people question God). I used to suck at sports partly because I'm lazy and partly because I have asthma.

I was very good at certain subjects (programming, quantum physics, electronics, probability, geometry, languages) and inexplicably terrible at others (optics, arithmetic, algebra, chemistry, and now Fourier transforms and related sh*t). I've had a terrible memory right from my school days, and it still f*cks up my studies in college. :(

i was quiet and a little bit shy (unlike now), i had good friends (they still with me now) high school overall was great mostly because i missed a lot of classes.

I was uhh.. I don't even know how to describe me.

I was a decent student grade-wise all 4 years.
Antisocial the last half of freshman year.
Somewhat social and a little bit popular sophomore year.
Junior year was my downfall where I stopped talking to a lot of people.
Senior year was just the end of me caring about anyone in particular but myself.

Needless to say, junior year already did damage on me that still effects me completely to this day, and yet, I can't change a damn thing.

What happened in junior year?
Lets just say I had numerous mental breakdowns throughout the whole year. The end of the year also did it in for me but I won't divulge into any detail.

I was a loser of a student. Freshman to Junior year, I got mostly C's with the exception of Computers, English & Ceramics where I almost always got A's.
http://www.adventureboss.com/Jeff's14.jpg

I was a member of the Nerds only computer club. The guy right below me in the pic, could type faster than anyone I have ever met. It's been years, buy I want to say that the test he took, placed him around 125+ wpm. I kid you not. Hell, I can't even think 125 words per minute! lol. Sad the guy was a jerk. Him & I were the only 2 in that pic that were in the computer club.
http://www.adventureboss.com/Jeff's20.jpg

I was also on the schools Nordic Ski Team. At the time, my team had taken overall first place every year since the school opened in 1974. The following year after I graduated in 1993, was the first time the school didn't take first. I place the reason being, because our coach, Mr. Curry, was no longer the coach due to becoming the principal. What a great man he was. My hero at that time, thats for sure. Also taught my Advanced computer class & science. Made learning fun, that kinda teacher.
http://www.adventureboss.com/Jeff's4.jpg
http://www.adventureboss.com/Jeff's34.jpg

Oh the memories...

-MRG

I'm in high school, so I'll tell you what I'm like right now. Whee!
I'm that kid who sits in the front of the class and everyone copies of off. D:
And gets 100%'s on science tests. The only one. :|
Nerd alert!

/spitballs

I got 100% on a biology test once. It was a wonderful moment.

-Angry Lawyer

Quiet, shy, and dangerously single. Not a good combo, imo.

I am a somewhat socially adept geek. Well liked by a lot of people.
Lots of people call me popular, I don't really think I'm popular, and I sure as hell don't go acting around tough unless it's joking around with a group of friends who know me. I also get along with adults a lot too, usually the teachers favour me 'cause I do my work, and I'm fairly quiet most of the time (When I'm not I can be quite noisy. I think of me being annoying when I do this, but I've been told I'm not). I also hate P.E., it's the bane of my highschool year next to Jocks, and then next to the High School social system.

I hate my Mom with an uncompelling passion, why? 'cause she thinks every teenager in the world is out to get her.
2 days ago she told me that Teenagers are only there to make you feel guilty, to annoy you. She got this idea from a ****ing family consulor, and it sure makes me hate my Mom. I hate the consulor more-so, lucky for her I've never seen her and I live far away from her though. Oh, and my Mom got mad at me one-day 'cause I hate Jocks, and I'm an Atheist.

I got 100% on a few tests meself, immediately followed by my dad saying "keep this up and I'll be impressed". Story of my life.

I got 100% on a few tests meself, immediately followed by my dad saying "keep this up and I'll be impressed". Story of my life.

My parents are exactly like that. For a time I was getting 60s in a course, when I got a 90% on a test. When I showed it to my parents they looked at it and said: "Do you see what you did wrong?"

My parents are exactly like that. For a time I was getting 60s in a course, when I got a 90% on a test. When I showed it to my parents they looked at it and said: "Do you see what you did wrong?"

Fixed.

I was barely in high school. I went for years 7 and 8, but missed most of year 9 and pretty much all of year 10 due to bullying and family problems. I left in year 10, so I didn't do my GCSEs. I was generally a really good student; I got a few detentions (7 in total: 2 in year 7 and 5 in year 8. I've still not told my dad!) and I was on report twice (attendance and homework), but apart from that i was always really good. I worked well and had a lot of friends. I'm in college now and I'm the best student in my group (and so I should be. If i had done my GCSEs I would have gotten B average). I'm doing a Skills for Working Life course because I didn't do my GCSEs.

I'm a huge geek ^_^

I still get along with pretty much everyone though (16 atm)

I was the epitomy of the introvert personality. I'd rarely go out and when I did I'd get stupidly drunk. I'd get drunk every weekend and listen to music. I'd always try to be different from the crowd so I listened to different music and never hung out with anyone outside school. I liked to be especially introverted when girls were around, and I liked to peer out the windows hoping a girl would catch my eye. Pathetic, tbh.

How about you?

Me? I was mad horny. Had a lot of circle jerks -- almost had one in Highschool in one of the bathrooms.

I was also, kind of the outsider with a few of my teachers. Imagine trying to teach your Social Studies teacher about GuLAG's and American Wartime attrocities. The other kids rolled they're eyes, but that information mattered to me just as much as the holocaust.

Girl painted my finger nails once -- lettered three times in Highschool. Had a generally fun time. Now, I just miss the circle jerks. :(

After reading this, its kind of hard to follow, eh, who cares.

I am currently in my junior year of high school. I am pretty much the same as everyone else here, the most introvert person you will ever meet. I get straight A's, I listen in class, but I dont put any effort into it otherwise. I love doing sports. I do three sports, probably the geekiest combination of sports one could do at our school, I do golf in the fall, swimming in the winter, and tennis in the spring. I letter in all three sports and I am f*cking insane at swimming. I have a group of about 10 or so close friends, and when I am in whatever sport I am in at the time, I hang out with those people, except for the golf team, because they are all stoners. I hang out with my groups of friends, but I never go to parties, I am definitely not popular, but I am noticed mostly because of my smarts. Over the summers I pretty much practice all three of my sports and hang out with my friends when I can. I don't do drugs or alcohol, which probably goes along with me not being popular. This last summer I got a job as a lifeguard at a local pool, greatest job ever I must say, sleep in a chair all day, and then screw around in the pool during break times. Recently I have got into my first relationship in a long time, so I guess thats a step in the right direction, we really only met though because she joined the swim team, she is really quite the opposite of me though, quite the extrovert and random. I am pretty happy about where I am right now, though I have not a damn clue what I want to do in college, and I would like to be a bit less shy. [Gump] And that's all I have to say...bout that. [/Gump]

Socially awkward loser. Alot of people tried to approach me (I'm pretty attractive, apparently) but I always ended up sounding like a moron. My group of friends changed almost every 4 months. I currently don't have a best friend, last time I got one of those was in the 6th grade. Ryan Raynor, if you're readin' this man, we should meet up again. You were da man.

Back