Where do you think EP3 will start off? (Location)

HL2p0rTaL

Reaction score
What do you think will happen in/during EP3?

I think during the first part of EP3 will start off in the Forest from EP2 and then Gordan and Alyx will come upon a frozen arctic lake and then they find a Combine base...

This where I think EP3 will start off in...

Where do you think it will?

And what do you think the first 5 mins of the game will be like?

I should agree with you !! As we saw over a few leakages of ep3 gameplays the game will begin first at white forest then they will somehow get the chopper fixed and then they will fly to the arctic base!!

You will start in a bed, next to Alyx (naked).

That's tough to answer. How can you get anywhere without breaking character. Valve already settled for some rather large continuity gaps inbetween HL2 and Episode One. I can only assume that the Vortigaunts teleported Mossman and Eli out too?

That's tough to answer. How can you get anywhere without breaking character. Valve already settled for some rather large continuity gaps inbetween HL2 and Episode One. I can only assume that the Vortigaunts teleported Mossman and Eli out too?
Do you mean at the end of HL2 the Vortigaunts teleported Mossman and Eli out and away from the Citadel or are you talking about the end of EP1? btw, I have played HL2 and and EP1 and 2 which game are you talking about?

Do you mean at the end of HL2 the Vortigaunts teleported Mossman and Eli out and away from the Citadel or are you talking about the end of EP1? btw, I have played HL2 and and EP1 and 2 which game are you talking about?

End of HL2. How else could Mossman and Eli have gotten out of the citadel? It would be a long flight of stairs.

Gordon also showed up inside the train when Episode One ended with him on the platform outside. He blacked out and Alyx pulled him in?

Well there are these pictures of EP3.

gordon-versus-advisor-in-half-life-2-episode-3-artwork-big.jpg

borealis-in-half-life-2-episode-3-big.jpg

combine-advisers-at-half-life-2-episode-three.jpg

how could it be possible to face an advisor using his crowbar?

I don't know but maybe if there's new weapons in EP3 there could be a way to kill them or whatever and this is getting off-topic so lets keep this thread going, anyone else have any ideas where EP3 will start off?

-with a Gman intevention
-on the floor of the hangar
-in a bed in White Forest or in the Helicopter after blacking out

I think it's most likely going to start off in White Forest and then they some how end up in an Arctic Combine base of so sorts.

I don't know about the G-Man intervention, but I think the idea of waking up in the hangar or elsewhere in White Forest seems plausible.

I doubt the G-Man would intervene at the beginning, since he's being watched carefully by the Vortigaunts ("I have agreed to abide by certain restrictions.", "I had to wait until your friends were otherwise occupied.") - I'm sure after Eli's death the Vorts are on high alert.

Well the vorts may be on High Alert because in the first part of EP1 you see G-Man and you hear the vorts speaking and then G-Man looks around like he's scared and then he says "We'll see about that!" And I think G-Man is trying to kill Gordan and the vorts get mad for some reason.

Well the vorts may be on High Alert because in the first part of EP1 you see G-Man and you hear the vorts speaking and then G-Man looks around like he's scared and then he says "We'll see about that!" And I think G-Man is trying to kill Gordan and the vorts get mad for some reason.

i think they mad beacause they think that only Gordon could somehow bring the peace in the HL world (kind of off-topic again isnt it?)

The Vortigaunts want to keep Gordon free. He freed them, after all.

I don't know about the beginning, but this is my personal hypothetical plot for Ep 3.

G-Man is a power broker, and he wanted the Nihilanth to be destroyed so he could gain control of the strategically important borderworld, in effect the superhighway of the universe, necessary for teleportation.

He is also the enemy of the Combine, so he lured them to Earth, a planet with rich resources and budding technological expertise in weapons and mass transmission (which he aided) to deal them a bruising blow by means of his pawns. He means to protect Gordon until he can deal a knockout blow to the Combine, then recapture or neutralize him and use the Borealis to gain control of Earth as another strategic bargaining chip.

The player, of course, will use the ship to fend off the G-Man and strike a bargain wherein the Borealis seals off earth from otherworldly intrusion and hidden or destroyed.

In the process, you lose track of Alyx, and she thinks you are dead. At the very end, G-Man sends back topside to the lip of the glacier/combine structure and whispers "All yours, Mr. Freeman..." in your ear. Alyx has her back turned and begins to look over her shoulder when the credits roll.

I am curious to see what the vorts are going to do at the start of EP3 - they seemed to think very highly of Eli ("The Eli Vance is indispensable to the liberation.").

But Eli got killed at the end of EP2, he is no use to the vorts anymore I think.

"BTW I think I'll change the title of this thread."

True, but he was important to them when he was alive; I bet their focus will shift to Alyx & Gordon (I guess their main focus has been Gordon). I'm just curious to their reaction of his death.

True, but he was important to them when he was alive; I bet their focus will shift to Alyx & Gordon (I guess their main focus has been Gordon). I'm just curious to their reaction of his death.

I'd say philosophical and accepting, but judging by what happened with Alyx, they are starting to awake to what death means to humans.

Edit: (replying to post below so as not to derail topic) Yes, but what's more, the all-knowing vortigaunt makes references to how Gordon is a hive mind as well, as he is played by thousands of players in thousands of similar, but different ways. All the Gordons are connected by the Vortessence.

Good point - the Vortigaunts have a very different view of death - since they have the whole hive-minded deal going on, if one Vort dies, it's not as huge of an impact to the whole since they don't have thee same conception of individuality (hence their calling Gordon "The Gordon Freeman" or Alyx "The Alyx Vance" - there's only one Gordon and only one Alyx).

Can I get a mod in here to change the title to "What you think will happen in/during EP3?" ?

With the death of Eli, the Vortigaunts realise that time is of the essence (pun not intended). Hence they simply teleport Gordon straight to the Arctic.

Having written this, I realise a couple of plot holes with it. Why didn't they simply teleport Gordon and Alyx straight there anyway without bothering with the helicopter. Perhaps they were saving their energy for something else as teleporting would take up too much.

It's the best idea I can come with up to remain within Gordon's viewpoint for the whole game.

Maybe - it seems to take a lot of vorts to get a teleport going for one individual, let alone two. And I think they have to do the whole "deep submersion into the vortessence" deal to do it (they were the same color when they teleported Alyx away from the Citadel as they were when they healed her in EP2).
They probably wouldn't have teleported them to begin with since they figured they were already going to be on their way, without interference.
It does seem to make sense, although a chopper ride would be kinda fun (especially if the chopper had any weapons), being a new vehicle to play with.

OMG! Thinking about ALL of this make's me want to buy EP3 more and more, I can't wait until it comes out!

With the death of Eli, the Vortigaunts realise that time is of the essence (pun not intended). Hence they simply teleport Gordon straight to the Arctic.

Having written this, I realise a couple of plot holes with it. Why didn't they simply teleport Gordon and Alyx straight there anyway without bothering with the helicopter. Perhaps they were saving their energy for something else as teleporting would take up too much.

It's the best idea I can come with up to remain within Gordon's viewpoint for the whole game.

This is valve.We might aswell start in the borealis for what we know.They are gonna suprise us.You will see.

Back