Where do you think EP3 will start off? (Location)

So was alyx and she was fine. After all gordon has been through, to pass out then would be a character disappointment. I'm sure it's possible, I just didn't get that from the ending.

Then explain how you start looking straight up and it fades to black?

It fades to black, yeah, but I never saw any 'looking straight up'. Might be because I had moved the mouse during the sequence?

Oh...I thought he looked up...but still, all instances of the screen going dark are either blackouts or knockouts.

wasn't it a fade to white at the end of Ep1? or am I mistaken?

yes, but this is Ep2.
I know, I meant to be responding to:
"it seems unlikely he was concious between Episodes One and Two"
"all instances of the screen going dark are either blackouts or knockouts"

I wonder what the end of EP3 is going to be like...I have a weird feeling that it's not going to be a good ending unless Gordon is in HL3.

It would be nice for a change of pace, to start the episode other than Gordon being knocked out - we've seen that a few times now, and I think it's time for a little variety.
Valve may have put a fade-out at the end of Episode 2 not to say Gordon passed out, but to end the game in a non-abrupt way.
Maybe Episode 3 then should start exactly where Episode 2 ended, for this reason...maybe.

It would be nice for a change of pace, to start the episode other than Gordon being knocked out - we've seen that a few times now, and I think it's time for a little variety.
Valve may have put a fade-out at the end of Episode 2 not to say Gordon passed out, but to end the game in a non-abrupt way.
Maybe Episode 3 then should start exactly where Episode 2 ended, for this reason...maybe.

I'm suddenly hoping it starts off with a bigger attack on White Forest, with you fighting to get to the car, and getting out of the base.

I'm suddenly hoping it starts off with a bigger attack on White Forest, with you fighting to get to the car, and getting out of the base.

Not a chance. Valve likes the start to be non stressful while you get used to the game. Even the start of Episode 2 was dumbed down for this reason.

I'm just wondering how big the arctic base will be and hope there's realistic-looking snow.

Not a chance. Valve likes the start to be non stressful while you get used to the game. Even the start of Episode 2 was dumbed down for this reason.

Plus if there was some big battle right at the start, I don't think it would do Eli that much justice. Granted in war, it's plausible, but there should at least a little time allowed to grieve for the poor dude.

Plus if there was some big battle right at the start, I don't think it would do Eli that much justice. Granted in war, it's plausible, but there should at least a little time allowed to grieve for the poor dude.

The Combine do know about White Forest, so Gordon needs to get out quick.

Yeah, and they can kill you quick to if you don't know a way to kill them.

Yeah, and they can kill you quick to if you don't know a way to kill them.

All you need is about 3 shots with the AR 3. Or you could just wrestle it with your bare hands.

(no cake for you if you don't get the reference.)

Or you can use a Shotgun to kill the Hunters but if there's going to be alot of hunters then I hope you can use them against the Combine just like in HL2 Nova Prospekt where you could use antlions against them.

Or you can use a Shotgun to kill the Hunters but if there's going to be alot of hunters then I hope you can use them against the Combine just like in HL2 Nova Prospekt where you could use antlions against them.

I don't think so. Hunters are synths.

I can't wait to see what the arctic would look like!

You see most of ep3 will take place during a whiteout, so all you will be seeing is this:

amati_WHiteout_at_survival_school.JPG.jpg

Its the cheaper option than having to make a plethora of new textures ;)

You see most of ep3 will take place during a whiteout, so all you will be seeing is this:

amati_WHiteout_at_survival_school.JPG.jpg

Its the cheaper option than having to make a plethora of new textures ;)

I just want to see if there's going to be realistic snow like in halo 3.

Well the snow should be realistic anyways they're using a new graphics engine for the game.

I mean "source" as in where HL2pOrTaL got his info, not the graphics engine.

Back