Which GamePlay-"Feel" are you hoping for ?

How would you like TF2's GamePlay to "feel" ?

• Classic TeamFortress

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Team Fortress Classic

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Q3F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Mix of the above

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Something fresh, yet true to the TF Spirit

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

rebb

Reaction score
What would type of GamePlay-"Feel" would you like to see in TF2 ?

Edit : Ok the 2 Top Options look a bit weird ;). How the hell do you edit Poll Options in this :(. Ah well...

I really hope they just take the basic idea of the classes and their unique abilities and run with it.

I hope instead of just capping flags and capturing map points that they have sort of kept some of the original TF2 ideas being accomplishing different objectives throughout a series of maps using each classes unique abilities and awarding teamwork.

I mean we don't need TFC Source with Pixar art, we got other mods taking care of TFC gameplay. Im starting to believe though with that picture released (which looked like an oversized kitchen area) and the way Valve said "completing objectives" in their press release that they are going for the new gameplay approach so Im excited to see what theyre planning.

I don't want the game directly copied over. If you remember pyros were t3h suck and medics were usually better flag runners than scouts. All the nailguns sucked and the engy railgun was too weak and slow firing even if it could fire through walls.

I'd like to see balance issues addressed, some new tricks opened up, and maybe some minor gameplay adjustments. As long as it doesn't take away from the feel of TF

I'd like the action to be fast and frantic and plenty of objectives to complete.

Something fresh, yet true to the TF Spirit

Over the top without being childish/cartoonish.

Looking back on it all the older Team Fortress gameplay feels, without drastic change, are very outdated. I'm hoping this newest incarnation adopts its own distinct gameplay style (As distinct as it is visually).

I'll let FF cover my craving for classic TFC

TF2 needs to be something new.

Something new, but enough of that classic TF flavor.

TFC :(. But yeah there are a few things that can be ironed out. It would be nice to see some new features but I dont want to see a Deus ex 2 played.

TFC :(. But yeah there are a few things that can be ironed out. It would be nice to see some new features but I dont want to see a Deus ex 2 played.

I'm confident that TF2 will be more expansive in new features, game types, and so on.

Deus Ex 2 was more regressive - ripping out a lot of what made the original so good.

Voted something new.

If it's going to be like Team Fortress Classic it should only be that way in the feel of it, I'm talking movement and the way things "work," those mechanics. I think what PvtRyan said about it being over the top is what I'd like to see, at least visually if not having some of the gameplay feeling a bit "out there." I can see the game getting a little cartoonish though, with the look of it, and I suppose it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if it was entertaining to look at.

Everything else would just be gametype changes. Objectives, flag capturing, that sort of thing is all stuff that will either be in there or mappers can incorporate into the game.

Well, it needs to be explosive and frantic. But still true to the spirit.

I hope it's more than just death match with classes

Much like TFC, i.e. no recoil, minimal weaponspray, fast movment (obviously different with different classes) .. etc etc

I hope it's more than just death match with classes

That is more or less how I think of Counter-strike (Minus the classes). It is supposedly the paramount tactical squad game, and yet I still find 5v5 games in Unreal Tournament 2k4 on Rankin to be just as tactical if not more. Still, my point is that the deathmatch style of gameplay can have a lot to it. If TF2 is very fast and arcade-ish, which there is a good chance it will be, it can still be just as deep as its competitors.

Definately something fresh.
I like the fact that they have turned away from brotherhood of war and instead are going more for the old style, but I am a little put off by seeing the same 9 classes all over again. I sure hope it will be different to tfc.

.bog.

Like TFC in terms of movement, overall match flow and speed(Especially keeping flags out, thats one thing that added alot more depth than traditional CTF). I'd like to see more differences in weapons both in and between classes; Maybe not every class have shotgun, and no classes have two shotguns, get rid of pyro's rocket(Even though I love it) because it makes the soldier less special.

I want basically all of the TFC elements in it..the whole FEEL of it, the same fast-paced actions, etc. But, I would also like to see some new stuff. Some new maps with cooler objectives, maybe the long-lost commander class, some new weapons and things like that. But it HAS to be TF...though i have no doubts considering the first screeny ;-p

Back