Which is a better series?

Which series is better?

• Grand Theft Auto (all 8)

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Splinter Cell (All four, plus the upcoming one if you wish)

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Vote.
Discuss.

I vote Splinter Cell, mainly because I'm a stealth fan. Grand Theft Auto is fantastic and all, I just don't prefer the sandbox play.

Haven't seen you in a while!

Splinter Cell.

Most games don't try to copy Splinter Cell, so the markets not flooded (well not ABSOLUTELY flooded) with stealth games, but shit, GTA has it's own ****ing genre.. It just gets tiresome after a while - Go here, kill this guy, come back get new gun, now do it again with new gun. Atleast in stealth games, the concept is the same in each level, but you have to apply it differently (guards patrol differently, different level layouts you have to work around), in GTA it's mostly "chase guy in car" or "shoot guy on street".

I'm also a stealth fan - Thief, Deus Ex, stealth/tech in System Shock 2, Commandos, Hitman.. Pretty much 85% of games on my PC right now are stealth.

no contestL: gta ..in every concievable way ..although splinter cell is enjoyable it's a one trick pony

Pretty random two series to compare. And GTA.

Splinter Cell just because Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer mode is the best multiplayer game ever made to date.

Not the most comparable of series but I have to go with splinter cell as I've only been slightly disappointed by Sc twice with DA and the current state of conviction. However GTA the only I really loved was Vice City. I liked III and IV don't get me wrong but to me there was something missing (even though I do think IV had the best story of them all). Oh and I hated SA.

There are only 2 good SC games. It's almost like every other one is lame, usually because they're made by another dev team.

What's GTAs second trick, then?

well lets see ..you can deliver a pizza, drive a taxi, be a vigilante police officer, fireman, mobster or hell just a psychopath driver

there's a million things to do in gta ..there's one in SC: kill/tranquilise everyone

I've only played Vice City and one splinter cell demo. I'd like to play more Splinter Cell. I got sort of bored around 40% in VC. So I don't know.

GTA4 was the 1st GTA i liked therefor Splinter Cell.

Splinter Cell just because Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer mode is the best multiplayer game ever made to date.

Never played Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer but Double Agents MP was ****ing amazing. To bad not many people play it.

I would have voted Splinter Cell if Double Agent had a) kept my interest past the second mission, and b) had a non-shitty multiplayer interface.

Never plated Splinter Cell, so I gotta vote for GTA, even though the last game I played in that series was GTA III (with the exception of occasional San Andreas at friends' houses).

Erm... kinda weird games to compare but I guess GTA since I haven't played Splinter Cell.

I cannot stand Splinter Cell, so GTA by default.

Just about every gameplay mechanic I completely and utterly despise is found in the Splinter Cell series... over and over and over and over again.

I vote GTA.

Neither? You're saying they're equal?

No, I'm saying that neither of them are a particularly good series.
GTA bores me and the Splinter Cell games always f*cked up my computer with their copy protection.

Anyone want to play Pandora Tomorrow with me over Hamachi?

No, I'm saying that neither of them are a particularly good series.
GTA bores me and the Splinter Cell games always f*cked up my computer with their copy protection.

But the question is which one is better. That doesn't imply it's good. :p

Splinter Cell has some of the greatest stories and characters in gaming. The gameplay is tons of fun as well.

The upcoming one is going to suck, by the way. It's unfortunate to see the franchise go downhill.

Back